Just ordered me a P2...

Reaction score
So I gave in to the pressure (my own pressure....lol...) and got me a Phantom 2, with Zenmuse H4-3D. I CAN'T WAIT to get it!!!!

Also, I just joined here about a week ago, and have seen some awesome threads, writing stuff down as I go. I'm new to drones, but have flown various smaller R/C stuff in the past, so I am thinking I can adapt to this fairly quickly. I have plenty of fields to practice in, and I assume that within the next month or so I'll be getting an extra battery... lol.

Thanks in advance for all of the helpful posts, a lot of my questions have been answered. But I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes by...!!!

WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Now you can expect to spend another $250-$350 for FPV equipment and then there are the batteries. Oh well money grows on trees.

This is still cheaper than drag racing :)

Now you can expect to spend another $250-$350 for FPV equipment and then there are the batteries. Oh well money grows on trees.
Nope.
You can just do the simple mod to use the gopro and the zenmuse with the DJI app, and you only spend 8USD in a cable set.
And you get a great bird less buggy than the P3 and with better camera :)

Nope.
You can just do the simple mod to use the gopro and the zenmuse with the DJI app, and you only spend 8USD in a cable set.
And you get a great bird less buggy than the P3 and with better camera :)

If you're thinking of using the GoPro's wifi you'd better think again as both the P2 and GoPro Use the same frequency .2.4Ghz

Nope. the mod uses the birds wifi just like it would with the dji camera.
In any other way it works like a P2V+ with original camera, and you control it by the DJI app...but you get a much better upgradable camera :)

mod here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=17

Looks interesting... but my bird is too new to be ripping it apart, even though id be comfortable doing it. I bookmarked the page and will probably look at it in a month or so.

Thanks for posting that, appreciate it.

Looks interesting... but my bird is too new to be ripping it apart, even though id be comfortable doing it. I bookmarked the page and will probably look at it in a month or so.

Thanks for posting that, appreciate it.
LooL been there, done that. I too have a 30 days do-not-peek-inside rule on all the tech I buy :)
I made this mod on a crashed PHantom, so I had no problem on opening it

LooL been there, done that. I too have a 30 days do-not-peek-inside rule on all the tech I buy :)
I made this mod on a crashed PHantom, so I had no problem on opening it

Lol, yea, that helps... I still might do it though. Its cheaper than a full-out FPV, but a little scarier to get working... :)

It looks way more complicated than it really is. And since you are only cutting cables, if you buy an extra set of cables, you can always go back if something goes wrong, just switch the cables.

That mod would only work with the P2 vision plus, I understand the OP is getting a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal?

Lol, yea, that helps... I still might do it though. Its cheaper than a full-out FPV, but a little scarier to get working... :)

No it not. In order to do what macsoft is doing you would have to change the P2's receiver from 2.4Ghz to 5.8Ghz then you'd have to buy a new 5.8Ghz RC unit a wifi extender and wifi unit. When all is said an done you it would cost you less for FPV system.

True, i thought you had a Vision unit.
It would be way cheaper for you to buy a Vision unit with a broken camera/gimbal, and do this mod.

I was originally thinking of a Vision 2, but I already have a Hero 4 Black, and I have more uses for it than just on the Phantom, so for me it made sense to get the Non-Vision with the H4-3D. I know I lose a bunch of features, but being that I'm new to quads I didn't want to get over my head too quick. Hope that makes sense... :)

True, i thought you had a Vision unit.
It would be way cheaper for you to buy a Vision unit with a broken camera/gimbal, and do this mod.

Why not offer him yours as the hard part is done. Or maybe a trade.

I understand.
If you had to do it again, you could buy a Vision 2 and sell the camera/gimbal for good money. Buy a gimbal and still saved a lot of money while having better image quality than a P3 :)

I was originally thinking of a Vision 2, but I already have a Hero 4 Black, and I have more uses for it than just on the Phantom, so for me it made sense to get the Non-Vision with the H4-3D. I know I lose a bunch of features, but being that I'm new to quads I didn't want to get over my head too quick. Hope that makes sense... :)

It will cost you between $250-$350 for FPV system and you will have a better system then a vision+

LoL, nope, sorry :)
this one stays with me. And there is no point on selling it in the future. Its just perfect for me :)

Now you should take it one step further and change the GP's lens and get rid of that fisheye. Go with a peau productions 5.4mm f/2.5 lens I have it on mine works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20