Just ordered a Phantom 2

MrC

Reaction score
And i'm excited :mrgreen:

I have a gopro 3+ black already so went for the zenmuse gimbal combo. I have all the software and have read all the manuals at least 5 times. My eyes are bleeding from reading and watching youtube vids.
Gonna go straight for naza mode, with ioc setup ready to use.

Now for the wait... ohhh the wait... Even the weather looks good this week which is nice as it's pissed with rain for 3 months :evil:

Will no doubt be back asking questions. FPV setup to follow when my bank balance recovers!

How exciting for you!

Same thing happened to me about a month or so ago....I fly it every day that the weather permits and absolutely love it!

Welcome to the club!

MrC said:
And i'm excited :mrgreen:

I have a gopro 3+ black already so went for the zenmuse gimbal combo. I have all the software and have read all the manuals at least 5 times. My eyes are bleeding from reading and watching youtube vids.
Gonna go straight for naza mode, with ioc setup ready to use.

Now for the wait... ohhh the wait... Even the weather looks good this week which is nice as it's pissed with rain for 3 months :evil:

Will no doubt be back asking questions. FPV setup to follow when my bank balance recovers!

Congratulations To You!!! You will love it!!!

She's here :mrgreen:

Updated controller first, it was on latest update but I updated anyway. Calibrated the sticks and x1. No problems.

Then I connected the Phantom and ran the phantom 2 assistant software, logging in when asked. All the firmwares appeared to already be the latest version. Changed to Naza mode and enabled ioc. Changed the S1 lower position to failsafe rather than manual. (haven't connected gimbal yet, will learn to fly first). Calibrated x1 and the sticks again and lastly did a basic imu calibration which it said I needed. All good. As it was sat there I was getting 1 green followed by 3 red lights - less than 5 sats, what I expected as its indoors.

Just wanted to check I do have everything up to date. Here are my firmware versions:

Controller (in rc assistant) : 1.0.1.12

Phantom 2 (in Phantom 2 assistant)
Main controller : 1.08
GPS : 6.0.1.4
Receiver-phantom 2 : 1.0.0.0 - curious about this one.
P330CB : 1.0.1.19
Battery : 2.0.0.0

Am I good to go? Also, when should I do my first compass dance? I was thinking after it's done all it's warming up / gps locking etc and i'm sat with 1 flashing green. I see people just doing it in the middle of all that mind you so not really sure.

Barring any advice to the contrary, I think i'm ready for its inaugural flight tomorrow. Wish me luck :shock:
Thanks for any help.

MrC said:
She's here :mrgreen:

Went through all the updates and it appears to already be updated to latest versions. Did controller first and it was on latest update but I updated anyway. Calibrated the sticks and x1. No problems.

Then I connected the Phantom and ran the phantom 2 assistant software, logging in when asked. All the firmwares appeared to already be the latest version. Changed to Naza mode and enabled ioc. Changed the S1 lower position to failsafe rather than manual. (haven't connected gimble yet, will learn to fly first) And lastly did a basic imu calibration which it said I needed. All good. As it was sat there I was getting 1 green followed by 3 red lights - less than 5 sats, what I expected as its indoors.

Just wanted to check I do have everything up to date. Here are my firmware versions:

Receiver (in rc assistant) : 1.0.1.12

Main controller : 1.08
GPS : 6.0.1.4
Reciever-phantom 2 : 1.0.0.0 - curious about this one.
P330CB : 1.0.1.19
Battery : 2.0.0.0

Am I good to go? Also, when should I do my first compass dance? I was thinking after it's done all it's warming up / gps locking etc and i'm sat with 1 flashing green. I see people just doing it in the middle of all that mind you so not really sure.

Barring any advice to the contrary, I think i'm ready for its inaugural flight tomorrow. Wish me luck :shock:
Thanks for any help.

Yup, firmware looks good to go.

Yes, let it warm up first. Wait for the flashing green lights. Then flick the S1 switch several times and do the compass dance.

Take it easy on your first flights and watch your decent speed. These things don't like to come straight down real fast. Bad things happen.

Also, when you get it airborne. Let go of the sticks and let it settle in for about 15 seconds.

Yes, let it warm up first. Wait for the flashing green lights. Then flick the S1 switch several times and do the compass dance.

Take it easy on your first flights and watch your decent speed. These things don't like to come straight down real fast. Bad things happen.

Also, when you get it airborne. Let go of the sticks and let it settle in for about 15 seconds.

Excellent, thanks. Yep will treat it like a Fabergé egg to start with, in the middle of a huge field. Noted about descending.
Just have a choice to make now... Red or Blue. Also may get some stickers for the tx s1/s2 switches and the naza lights sequences. Is the chap from signs of life the only one selling these?

MrC said:

Excellent, thanks. Yep will treat it like a Fabergé egg to start with, in the middle of a huge field. Noted about descending.
Just have a choice to make now... Red or Blue. Also may get some stickers for the tx s1/s2 switches and the naza lights sequences. Is the chap from signs of life the only one selling these?

Funny you should mention Signs of Life. I just received my order from him today! I went with the stars and stripes for the arms. Also got the s1 and s2 stickers among other things. He's the only one doing this I know of.

Personally I would also add a "Reward if Found" sticker before my 1st flight. I ordered my P2/Gimble combo last week and about 30 minutes ago I got a text telling me it was at UPS waiting to be picked up. What sucks is that I have training all day so I have to wait and think about it for the next 10 hours.... ugh

Yep I agree about the reward if found sticker. I really should sort something before first flight, will probably just use a plain white label with that written on it with phone number until i get the proper stickers sorted.

One more quick question.

When I come to fit the gimbal, do I need the "Zenmuse H3-2D Assistant Software" ? I thought You had to use the Phantom assistant software to update the firmware?

MrC said:
One more quick question.

When I come to fit the gimbal, do I need the "Zenmuse H3-2D Assistant Software" ? I thought You had to use the Phantom assistant software to update the firmware?

Just the Phantom assistant software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4