Just ordered a Phantom 2 Vision +

Reaction score
Hi there i'm new to the forums here, as per title, i should get my P2V+ in the next few days, just wondered what tips or advice you would recommend to yourself if you could go back in time and tell yourself.

Looking forward to posting videos and photos from the Cornish coastline.

It may not be applicable to you, but if you're low on quad experience I'd recommend getting a Syma X1 or better yet a Hubsan X4 and get very familiar. Other than that, I'd start slow, get a feel for the aircraft and gain confidence. Build on the confidence everyday until you're an arial photography ace.

Oh, and if you use prop guards, make very sure you use the correct screws when you go back to stock. The guard screws are only slightly longer, but if you mix them up with the stock screws they're juuuuuust long enough to ruin the motor. I wish I hadn't of made that rookie mistake, but oh well.

Just take it easy. I'm fairly new too. Only a couple flights in myself. One big to save props, when you are getting low on battery, don't try to take back off. The power will not be enough to have a steady lift off. It will want to tip over. I got a little road rash on 2 of my props, could have been worse, but will not be using them in fear of any kind of balance issues.

When taking off gun the throttle full speed until she clears the ground up to about 10 feet. Let her sit there for a moment to make sure she's stable/

Before that, read the manuals and understand what the light flash sequences mean. DO NOT fly until you KNOW you have home lock set (the second set of rapid flashing green lights). Make sure you do not fly until you have at least 6 satellites locked in place. The app satellite indicator will turn blue.

Thanks for all the tips, from my research, there don't seem to be as many flyaways with the P2V+.

If i'm incorrect, anyone thought of adding a tile to their Phantom? http://www.thetileapp.com/

They're only available to reserve at the mo, but seem incredibly lightweight compared to some of the gps trackers i've seen.

CocoPops said:
The tile is only any good within Bluetooth range isn't it?

Yes, and they are really of no practical use in recovering a Phantom, especially if you are anywhere remote. On top of this, most people won't have the app, or their bluetooth discoverable.

My tip would be always calmly reach over and catch your Phantom as opposed to landing it. Seeing it tip over and ingest grass like a Flymo on steroids is an unpleasant experience. Seeing the same but on gravel or concrete is even worse.

Dirty Bird said:
CocoPops said:
The tile is only any good within Bluetooth range isn't it?

Yes, and they are really of no practical use in recovering a Phantom, especially if you are anywhere remote. On top of this, most people won't have the app, or their bluetooth discoverable.
Sorry, my bad.

Still thanks again for the heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers