Just opened my new P3S and...

Reaction score
The gimbal guard is not on properly so the camera is dangling. That can't of been good for it while it's been shipped about.

Also 2 plastic inserts which Go through the rubbers where the gimbal frame connects to the phantom are missing. Is this usual?

Last edited:
The gimbal guard is not on properly so the camera is dangling.
Your gimbal will most likely be just fine. This is a common occurrence with the Phantom 3.

2 plastic inserts which Go through the rubbers where the gimbal frame connects to the phantom are missing. Is this usual?
This is normal. You'll find replacement pins in your box, but there is no need to install all fours pins.

The gimbal guard is not on properly so the camera is dangling. That can't of been good for it while it's been shipped about.

Also 2 plastic inserts which Go through the rubbers where the gimbal frame connects to the phantom are missing. Is this usual?

Same as mine a few weeks ago. No issues though, flew great until I crashed the other day.

Reactions: Jack Barone
Exactly right. My gimbal guard was exactly as yours is when I took it out of the box. Also the pins did hold me up a bit at first, but I believe it is in the literature or the videos on the app that explain there are only supposed to be 2 at a time to ensure it doesn't fall, yet be loose enough to allow the bushings to do their jobs.

I put a loose fitting zip-tie through one of the blank corners for my own peace of mind. I thought the plastic was very stiff, perhaps too brittle over time, and that it would fail. Zip-ties have always been there for me.

Interesting, my standard didn't come with those motor stickers... (the box was sealed)
They aren't really"motor stickers", they're just little paper covers that come right off easily. Just a shipping precaution.

Seems a common accurance then for them not to put the gimbal guard on properly.

Think like said above I shall put a cable tie through the other rubbers.

Seems a common accurance then for them not to put the gimbal guard on properly.

Think like said above I shall put a cable tie through the other rubbers.

Personally, I wouldn't do that. That is the way Dji makes them to be mounted. I wouldn't mess with what's not broken in my view. I was kind of alarmed as well when I noticed mine was the same way when I bought the drone. Then I saw that EVERY Dji is made like that. Two rubbers n clips to hold the unit, two extras in a bag for just in case. Adding zip ties to the underside of your bird to fix what is not broken? Nah, I wouldn't.

My zip tie insurance policy has been in effect for a 18 months w/ great costumer service. l heard from a lot of people who wish they would have had that policy for only $00.02 a year

edited-must be loose

Last edited:
Reactions: LK8472
Yes I definitely don't think a cable tie can do any harm at all. I will be taking woodsmans insurance.

I was concerned about the "missing" anti-drop pins when I first got mine. Then I read the manual.

Your gimbal isn't going anywhere no need for ties. My first quad came down hard ripped the camera right off with half the gimbal. Mounts were all intact

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gary M

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20