Just need to power it up but the leads don't match! Walkera

Reaction score
Last bit !

I have successfully attached the pitch to the bottom of the f2 naza board.

I have a vision 2 phantom. I bought a walkera g2d gimbal. The power lead on the phantom is for the zenmuse , see pic. The power connector looked nothing like the zenmuse one on my walkera , see pic. Is there a converter cable that connects these two leads, if not where else can I plug the red lead to get power I to my gimbal?

Can anyone help ? This is the last hurdle then it's finally ready to go !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.1 KB · Views: 539
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 508
Re: Just need to power it up but the leads don't match! Walk

I'm not sure if there is an adapter for hooking up to your cables. On my FC40 I used the power wires poking out one of the landing legs. I installed a mini toggle switch on the gimbal. The gimbal gets upset if you move it around too much,so the last thing I do before takeoff is flip the switch.i only used a single wire to the pitch pin from the Naza to the Gimbal controller.

Yes I have used a single wire to connect the pitch , it just needs powering and the new phantom has a totally different connection , I really don't know what to do apart from solder it

Can I not connect the 2 pin power lead of the gimbal to something else inside the vision 2?

You would have to solder the ends of that power plug to the battery leads on the board inside the shell. But then you dont have a way to disconnect it if you need to. So the best way to do it is to get a corresponding JST plug and solder that to the power leads on the main board in side and run the leads form the plug down one of the holes in the landing gear and plug in to it there.

J.James said:
So the best way to do it is to get a corresponding JST plug and solder that to the power leads on the main board in side and run the leads form the plug down one of the holes in the landing gear and plug in to it there.

Listen to James...

I've a few things to wire up inside my phantom like headlight, gimbal etc
What I'd like to do is solder in a small jst board so I have a few positive and negative connector pins that I could connect to. I know i could hardwire (I can solder) but a set of positive and negative connectors inside the bird seems to make sense. What am I looking for on eBay to make this happen?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4