just modded my phantom 3 standard

. Back when l bought my standard l didn't even know the 4k existed, may not have
They didn't when I got mine . I paid 799 for the Standard and only 499 for the 4K .

cry baby.gif

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
Think l'll step outside n check out this meteor shower. Should be like 250 per hr

Yea sorta . Tried to find the picture but can't . Brush mostly .
Reason I got the 4K was that remote . Love the camera and video buttons . Not to mention it's 27 dbi compared to 17 dbi of the Standard .
I only shoot in 1080 so the 4K didn't matter to me . Is a better gimbal though .
Not stump proof but better :)
@dirkclod, Can I see your remote setup for 4K, please? Not many people have the 4K so it's really hard for me to find a comparison. Although I can use most of the P3S reference because of 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz, but other than that, I just cant find any good role model.

@Ohiowoodsman , maybe it wasn't out yet when you bought P3S? I immediately chose 4K, because for extra $100, you get better video (4K and shot 1080p at 60fps), vps, remote similar to pro/adv. And when you compare losing a pro/adv to losing a standard/4k from crash etc., hopefully I won't be too sad. (but losing a $300-400 stuff still going to hurt, and there goes the manly tears). I'm sure if there was the option for you to pick 4K, you would pick it up too.

Yea sorta . Tried to find the picture but can't . Brush mostly .
Reason I got the 4K was that remote . Love the camera and video buttons . Not to mention it's 27 dbi compared to 17 dbi of the Standard .
I only shoot in 1080 so the 4K didn't matter to me . Is a better gimbal though .
Not stump proof but better :)
I;m not sure but did you see that mod some were talking about for the standard to bump that up.

I;m not sure but did you see that mod some were talking about for the standard to bump that up.
I havn't had a chance to read it yet but am going to .
@dirkclod, Can I see your remote setup for 4K, please? Not many people have the 4K so it's really hard for me to find a comparison. Although I can use most of the P3S reference because of 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz, but other than that, I just cant find any good role model.

I am not a role model by any means I just like to mess .
This is my 4K and I cut the bracket down b.jpg so it would be the same height as my others c.jpg the one on the right
is my P2V TX . I just have the extender mounted to the bottom

Reactions: jeganx
Actually 4K original tx-power for 2.4Ghz is 15dbm, so it's lower than P3S. I had to do the ftp mod and it work. I got 27dbm now + 9dbi of dbs antenna maybe? EIRP is 36db.

Reactions: phxbird57
Actually 4K original tx-power for 2.4Ghz is 15dbm, so it's lower than P3S. I had to do the ftp mod and it work. I got 27dbm now + 9dbi of dbs antenna maybe? EIRP is 36db.
That is what I thought I read that the 4k was less power than the standard. I don't have either one so really did not pay to much attention to it. I'm happy with my 2- P2v+ and 1- P3a.

I had to just go recheck the specs and not sure where I got the 27 from .
In FCC the Standard is 20 and the 4K is 19 dbi .
CE is lower

I havn't had a chance to read it yet but am going to .

I am not a role model by any means I just like to mess .
This is my 4K and I cut the bracket down View attachment 61982 so it would be the same height as my others View attachment 61983 the one on the right
is my P2V TX . I just have the extender mounted to the bottom
Nice clean setup. So no booster right? You probably don't need one in Mississippi... Is the RG402 blue SMA cable make any different than the original one from dbs?

I had to just go recheck the specs and not sure where I got the 27 from .
In FCC the Standard is 20 and the 4K is 19 dbi .
CE is lower
Yea I forgot to mention that mine was in CE, so 15dbm is what I got before updating it to 27dbm.

Nice clean setup. So no booster right? You probably don't need one in Mississippi... Is the RG402 blue SMA cable make any different than the original one from dbs?
No boosters and yes the blue ones got me more distance here .
Now I'm confused about the DBI thing not to mention we done hijacked Alan's thread .
Sorry @Alan Russel :)

I just looked at that thread and I see now where I got the 27 dbi from . DJI changed what they had in the spec's to what they have now .
Now I'm not sure about that mod as I haven't did anything but glance at a few post but it must work .
Me not gonna do it to my standard but that's just me .

I was thinking it did something with the CE setting to get it higher. I did not know if it did anything with the FCC
. I'll have to look it up and read it again.

I was thinking it did something with the CE setting to get it higher. I did not know if it did anything with the FCC
. I'll have to look it up and read it again.
You are correct I just found it .
If you are flying within Europe, the CE rules apply which means 17 db signal strength.
If you are flying in the USA, the FCC rules apply which means 27 db signal strength.
With PapaTita software you can force 27 db signal strength within Europe (CE).
I hadn't read any of that till now .

most be out in the country a little. with the city lights I can't see them very easy.
I was out for about a little less than an hour and lost count at somewhere around 30. In 44yrs l've never seen that many. Pretty awesome!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl