Just lost pro 3 in the ocean.

Looks like your battery went cuput. Were you using a DJI battery? Maybe it was loose?

looking at it for any odd things

Did you start out on a full battery? It looks like cell 4 wasnt fully charged when you took off. It was at 3.5V when the rest were at 3.6. Total battery voltage was 14.38, then cell 4 quickly declines. Looks like a bad battery.?

I fully charged the battery two days ago and flew it down to 64%..Then brought it out today and said well I should go ahead and finish off this battery. Thats when I took off. I hovered for about 10 seconds and then headed out over the ocean. I dont know exaclt how far out I was or how high. I would assume I was 150-200 ft high and maybe 250-500 ft out. when it fell. And it appeared to just lose all power. I did make sure it was locked in tight and I am always worried about that.

I fully charged the battery two days ago and flew it down to 64%..Then brought it out today and said well I should go ahead and finish off this battery.
Like I said in post # 20, there is no need to look for any other faults, it's been known in the forum not to ever fly a partially charged battery, always fully charge the battery or batteries before you fly, same day if possible

Like I said in post # 10, there is no need to look for any other faults, it's been known in the forum not to ever fly a partially charged battery, always fully charge the battery or batteries before you fly, same day if possible
I havent read that in the other thread but I typically dont read all of them..However it was an expensive lesson today.

This post was really to let people know...it doesn't matter how much you trust your drone. If you want to keep it..don't go over water.
Not really just about go over water, the only real way not to lose your drone, is not to fly it at all, but then that defeat the purpose of owning one in the first place right?
You could just fly it over solid rocky ground, then it fell 200ft down and smashed into pieces, that will still be a total loss. Sorry to hear your loss, but that's the risk we all have to face if we plan to fly a drone.

I havent read that in the other thread but I typically dont read all of them..However it was an expensive lesson today.
I have learned so much from readying and asking stuff in this forum, that is one thing I learned a long time ago, sorry again for your loss

Reactions: bobomet
Although now that I am home and have cooled off a little. It looks like I can order and inspire on amazon. The reason I am going to choose this is..it looks like I can use american express points for the purchase now. SO it looks like I might get an inspire.

How can it be the apps fault? You do not need the app to fly, it is just a display. Relatively there have been very few crashes with the P3. Most were found to be pilot error.
Not saying the app is at fault for anything...however if you have decreased video distance on DJI go app that is not experienced in Litchi there may be a problem, I keep seeing reports of weird happenings and am trying to determine where the issue lies.

Personal data from pilots? Most of the time you will find that data is tainted with prejudice, not many will admit to their own fault, it is always DJI's fault. Without flight log, it is all conjecture.
This is a true statement but when most people do stupid stuff they keep it to themselves LOL... just way to many people complaining about unexpected results when flying with the new firmware

Although now that I am home and have cooled off a little. It looks like I can order and inspire on amazon. The reason I am going to choose this is..it looks like I can use american express points for the purchase now. SO it looks like I might get an inspire.

you can buy 3 Phantom 3 Advances for the cost of 1 Inspire or 2 Phantom Pro's and 1 Advanced for the price of 1 Inspire. It doesn't really make any sense to buy an Inspire.

Reactions: WetDog and HWCM
That is not necessarily true. I do it and never had a problem.
Like I said in post # 20, there is no need to look for any other faults, it's been known in the forum not to ever fly a partially charged battery, always fully charge the battery or batteries before you fly, same day if possible

The fail safes still work without video feed.
Not saying the app is at fault for anything...however if you have decreased video distance on DJI go app that is not experienced in Litchi there may be a problem, I keep seeing reports of weird happenings and am trying to determine where the issue lies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub