Just in case ..Look this video

Reaction score
Please see the link to the You Tube video below. How can this guy avoid the autoland of the PH3 althought the battery is very very low? From my understanding althought you are flying at Mode A (similar to manual) it´s not possible to avoid the auto-land once the battery is in critical level. Regards.

Reactions: Joao Carlos
You cannot prevent the Phantom from auto landing at critical battery, but you can hold the throttle in the full up position to prevent your Phantom from descending. That's obviously not the best of ideas when the battery is that low. That function is really there to allow you to steer your Phantom to an ideal landing spot.

Well, my first thought is why push things that far, but it is very cool. Also I noted he was not in GPS mode for this flight, Wonder if that was for better control or less the quad would have to fight on keeping course?

Flying on the edge ... serious distress :eek:

Maybe turning off the GPS preserves an enormous amount of battery :D

Well, my first thought is why push things that far, but it is very cool. Also I noted he was not in GPS mode for this flight, Wonder if that was for better control or less the quad would have to fight on keeping course?
The atti mode allows higher speed, so if a distance record is the goal, that might explain it.

Edit:
@0:19 seconds in, he switched to atti mode and the horizontal speed increased from 15 to 17 m/s.

Last edited:
If I'm going to a far off location, I always switch to ATTI to get there quicker, switch to GPS while at the location, and back to ATTI for the trip home.

Reactions: Farmer
My blood pressure went up watching this. Wow.
I was thinking the same thing. My eyes were getting wider and wider. I kept looking for a safe place to land that was easily accessible by car.

If I'm going to a far off location, I always switch to ATTI to get there quicker, switch to GPS while at the location, and back to ATTI for the trip home.
Good tip.

What would a good reason be to use GPS mode instead of atti mode while just transporting full throttle from point A to point B?

Good tip.

What would a good reason be to use GPS mode instead of atti mode while just transporting full throttle from point A to point B?
If there is a strong crosswind it can blow you way off course. Or, if you want goo video while going A to B, GPS lessens the chance of props/arms/landing gear in the picture. But, if you're watching your screen and just going for max speed for arrival in a wide open area (ie. mountains or valley), go ATTI.

For his speed, I'm surprised we didn't see props/arms in the video. Possible he filmed in 4K and cropped?

Please see the link to the You Tube video below. How can this guy avoid the autoland of the PH3 althought the battery is very very low? From my understanding althought you are flying at Mode A (similar to manual) it´s not possible to avoid the auto-land once the battery is in critical level. Regards.

Attitude mode is nothing like true manual mode.

You can keep your phantom up indefinitely regardless of battery level by keeping the throttle up until your battery runs dry and you fall out of the sky.

I am fairly new to the drone world, I have a P3P. I have experimented with different settings in order to see what new things might happen. What I haven't been able to duplicate is the screen image from this video. Can anybody point me in the right direction to accomplish this?

Thank you,
Jeff

Reactions: BlueVolt
Love when the critical battery alarm goes off and all you hear is him go "hhmmmmm" lol I thought forsure that bird was going down!! I like pushing the limits... but that's almost like throwing 1200 bucks in the air at a strip club and thinking it's gonna come back to you!! ;)

Reactions: acherman

How is this fella recording what the app sees? with another app, or camera, or some capability of the device he's viewing it on? I typically use a Ipad mini 2

How is this fella recording what the app sees? with another app, or camera, or some capability of the device he's viewing it on? I typically use a Ipad mini 2
As far as I know (which isn't very far) it's easier done with apps on an Android device. I think there is an app called Shou for the iOS devices. Not sure how well it works with the DJI Go/Pilot app, if at all.

You have to do this on an Android device. This is why I also have a Nexus 9 to fly with besides my iDevice. I use an app called "AZ Screen Recorder" which works really well. It allows me to set the resolution I want to record at, the bit-rate, screen orientation, audio and much more. It works like a charm. I also use my Nexus 9 for retro gaming via emulators (PSP, SNES, N64, etc.) and I also use AZ Screen Recorder to make recordings of my games and what not. It's a pretty cool app that's totally free!

For his speed, I'm surprised we didn't see props/arms in the video. Possible he filmed in 4K and cropped?
I think the camera was tilted down more than it may seem due to that the horizon is obscured by the low clouds. In the beginning the props and gear are clearly visible.

I think the camera was tilted down more than it may seem due to that the horizon is obscured by the low clouds. In the beginning the props and gear are clearly visible.
Yah, I guess I was puckered up so tight even my eyes were squinting. haha I see at ~0:23 he lowers the camera the first time. I should have watched it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20