Just happened, after minor crash. Advise please.

Reaction score
Guys I hope i can get some information i tried google but nothing i found was specific to what i have . as i took off for the first time after not flying for a week my phantom 4 pro did a backflip and fell and the gimble is half off i was wondering if you guys have se this before, video is working fine and upon boot up of it the camera goes up and down but obviously wont do the whole start up motions. posting some pictures and was wondering if any of you had came across a gimbal broken like this and can advise me on if it is a fix i can do myself And i dont know what name part to look for , yaw arm and ribbon seem fine its just seperated . Thanks in advance.View attachment 105996View attachment 105997View attachment 105998

Last edited:
How old is your P4? I can't help you with the part, but sending it to DJI for repairs might be a better solution and not void your warranty in the process.

How old is your P4? I can't help you with the part, but sending it to DJI for repairs might be a better solution and not void your warranty in the process.
Thanks , its out of warranty . I am seeing a few videos with yaw arm repair im thinking this is the yaw motor and its seperated, i tried snapping it back in place but its a no go and the rubber came out . i have been babying this thing since day one , im so disgusted that the first time it ever did something crazy and from such a small fall this happened.

Thanks , its out of warranty . I am seeing a few videos with yaw arm repair im thinking this is the yaw motor and its seperated, i tried snapping it back in place but its a no go and the rubber came out . i have been babying this thing since day one , im so disgusted that the first time it ever did something crazy and from such a small fall this happened.
I was watching a video where a guy crashed his P4 from 300m and the AC got trashed. DJI only charged him €250 for a full "repair". He ended getting a different refurbished AC in the end. I think that was really cheap.

You really need to post the flight record so these guys can HELP you figure out just what happen to cause the drone to do that !..... * Fly Dawg * will be My first pick here on describing as to what happened .... after you post the flight record to make the drone do that awful terrible ~`` < back ^ FLIP. and crash !

Last edited:
I really need to know what the part is called where the arm is connected to the P4p. i want to get it repaired. after this happened i picked it up and looked at it only damage i thought i had was on the top of the props where it landed. i shut everything off and rebooted and video came up just not straight but clear i took off again thinking all would be ok if i calibrated the gimbal when i noticed it hanging open the way it was . everything seemed ok. I have never had a issue with this thing since i have had it the last year and 7 months.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Gervin.....heres a start for the replacement process :

Reactions: Ansia
Reactions: Gervin and Ansia
I have never seen one of those screwdrivers, but I have to have one.

If you undo the the 2 screws that hold the cap on then you will be able to see where it has come apart from the yaw motor..

Thanks im going to try that today is it stays quiet
So i was able to get everything apart. seems like when the drone hit upside down the weight of the camera jerked back hard enough to where the screw heads that hold the yaw motor in place pulled through the gimbal arm, bent the little bracket that is attached to the yaw motor and popped the yaw motor ribbon but the main ribbon is good i guess thats why i was still getting good video after the accident. I ordered a new yaw motor, and gibal arm and tried to bend the damaged bracket back to the way it was. it looks as if i may have it but i really want to get a new bracket to replace it . the pictures attached ate the yaw motor and the bracket that was bent. After searching on google i could never find the name of the bracket or where i can get one if anyone has any ideas where i can get this bracket please let me know, it doesnt look as if it comes on the new yaw motor.
Untitled.jpg

So i was able to get everything apart. seems like when the drone hit upside down the weight of the camera jerked back hard enough to where the screw heads that hold the yaw motor in place pulled through the gimbal arm, bent the little bracket that is attached to the yaw motor and popped the yaw motor ribbon but the main ribbon is good i guess thats why i was still getting good video after the accident. I ordered a new yaw motor, and gibal arm and tried to bend the damaged bracket back to the way it was. it looks as if i may have it but i really want to get a new bracket to replace it . the pictures attached ate the yaw motor and the bracket that was bent. After searching on google i could never find the name of the bracket or where i can get one if anyone has any ideas where i can get this bracket please let me know, it doesnt look as if it comes on the new yaw motor.View attachment 106056
Hi Gervin, yeah I had the same trouble with that bracket but managed to bend it back into shape, make sure when putting it back on that its free and not rubbing against gimbal motor...As where to get a new one i dont know ? good luck with the repair.

Reactions: Gervin
Hi Gervin, yeah I had the same trouble with that bracket but managed to bend it back into shape, make sure when putting it back on that its free and not rubbing against gimbal motor...As where to get a new one i dont know ? good luck with the repair.
Thanks Alan, i have it straightened pretty good , now i been reading the new yaw motor may not work properly unless i take it apart and put it in the shell i have . oh well we will see.

Yes Gervin when you replace the yaw motor on the P4 you may or may not get camera dis alignment,,,unfortunately that was the case with mine..but I was not really concerned as I bought it for a song on ebay. I know how to fix it...replace the yaw motor housing..which I still have...anyway I have 2 Phantom 4s now I reckon they are DJI s best!!

Attachments

• SAM_0820.JPG
    SAM_0820.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 197
Reactions: Gervin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West