Just had my 1st "return to home"

Reaction score
Just had my 1st return to home / connection lost situation , and I can honestly say , it gave me the jitters lol, I was about 300' high and about 1600 horizontally away , well at least I know my parameters now to keep inside although I do have an amp ordered, for the video, but I didn't lose video , think I am going to mod the tx now .. :)

Scary isnt it! Made me a little uneasy watching it fly home on it's own and then land itself (which it did rather well!).

Also noticed you're in Cheshire too. Can i ask where? :)

BazzaUK said:
Scary isnt it! Made me a little uneasy watching it fly home on it's own and then land itself (which it did rather well!).

Also noticed you're in Cheshire too. Can i ask where? :)

Near Lymm North Cheshire :D

FlyingFox said:
Just had my 1st return to home / connection lost situation , and I can honestly say , it gave me the jitters lol, I was about 300' high and about 1600 horizontally away , well at least I know my parameters now to keep inside although I do have an amp ordered, for the video, but I didn't lose video , think I am going to mod the tx now .. :)

FYI I did a test RTH the very first time I flew mine, as the training manual suggested. I showed no fear and it did it perfectly. Landed within about 10 feet of home. I remember it landed as though it was hanging from a spring. Kind of boing boing boing then on final boing it touched down and shut off! I was a bit leary as it deliberately went thru it's motions. Have not done it again nor have I ever lost TX connection.

Mine went like this. I wanted to fly over the trees that border my house with a small lake on the other side. The trees are about 300' deep. Not just trees but wilderness. Vines, sticker bushes etc. I lifted off and flew up to 110'. I could see from the FPV I was over the highest tree. I flew to the other side and started to return. I looked at my screen and saw the altitude dropping...98', then 88. I push it up but still dropping. I put it in ATTI mode and push it up again. Now it's 76'... I know I'm going to be chopping trees! I put it in RTH as a last resort. I hear it but can't tell from where. I'm looking into the trees and I think I see something falling! Gasp!
I look at my screen and it says RTH. Oh no! It's going to kill itself trying to get out of the trees! I step toward the trees and as I move away from in between the van and the garage door, I suddenly realize the sound is coming from above. I look up and there it is..,returning to home! I retake control and land it.

Turns out I was looking at the distance, not the altitude!! I pushed it up all right. A couple of hundred feet! When I viewed the video I saw when I panicked and started pushing it up. Then again, and again. Then, it turns around and heads home. It performed perfectly while I thought it was destroying itself. Doh!

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj