Just had a bad crash - got a few problems

Reaction score
Clipped a lamppost earlier, but the phantom continued to fly. I brought it back over towards me, but as I was doing so it fell out of the sky.

My H3-3D gimbal is completely gone, but the Phantom is also now flying quite eratically and extremely difficult to control.

Wen I got it back from its crash, the compass cover on the landing gear had came off - I'd never seen in here before, so I don't know if something is missing? Does this look right?

My GPS also won't lock on. I've checked the GPS module and it doesn't look broken. Is there anything else I should be trying? I've tried to reset the compass, but the LEDs won't go solid yellow.

Hoping you can help.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 568
andydunlop said:
Clipped a lamppost earlier, but the phantom continued to fly. I brought it back over towards me, but as I was doing so it fell out of the sky.

My H3-3D gimbal is completely gone, but the Phantom is also now flying quite eratically and extremely difficult to control.

Wen I got it back from its crash, the compassion cover on the landing gear had came off - I'd never seen in here before, so I don't know if something is missing? Does this look right?

My GPS also won't lock on. I've checked the GPS module and it doesn't look broken. Is there anything else I should be trying? I've tried to reset the compass, but the LEDs won't go solid yellow.

Hoping you can help.

Thanks

Sounds like you did more than just clipped that lamp pole. Go back and take that GPS module out and check the antenna,which is on the top side of the board, to make sure it isn't broken. Of course replace everything else that was damaged. Once the compass is installed plug the P2 up the assistant software and do a complete advanced IMU calibration (not the basic) on completely level surface. Do not install the gimbal until after you have tested to make sure it flies without any additional problems.

looks like the compass thats inside the housing on the leg for the antistatic compass is completely unpluged and missing. You might want to go look around on the ground under that lamppost for it. its going to be small about the size of a finger nail with a corresponding plug on it. You also will probably not get any gps data or even be able to start the motors with the compass unplugged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik