Just got the plus, gimbal and camera not responding right.

Reaction score
Ok, so heres my observations on the new phantom vision plus. The unit flys amazing well. It just hovers and easily responds to both sticks on the controller. However, when I took the plastic holder off the gimbal, initially the camera just turned immediately face down and i thought something was wrong. Then I turned on the battery the controller ect....and the camera at first when parallel facing straight forward which is how it should have stayed. Then immediately following this tiny movement it faced downward on a 45 degree angle. I had my android phone attached to it and saw the image, however when it was in flight I tried to move my finger up and down the screen to move the camera angle and it hardly responded at all. So i have a nice flying toy thats about it. I will call DJI and see if this is normal. It was bought on ebay and back it will go to the seller. I can't justify a high price toy like this if the gimbal and camera can't be adjusted by me. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem in FPV.

Re: Just got the plus, gimbal and camera not responding righ

Same thing happened to me. I was using an old app. I downloaded the latest and have been good ever since. Enjoy yourself. I sure am. :)

abacus01 said:
Ok, so heres my observations on the new phantom vision plus. The unit flys amazing well. It just hovers and easily responds to both sticks on the controller. However, when I took the plastic holder off the gimbal, initially the camera just turned immediately face down and i thought something was wrong. Then I turned on the battery the controller ect....and the camera at first when parallel facing straight forward which is how it should have stayed.

WRONG

Then immediately following this tiny movement it faced downward on a 45 degree angle.

correct... The 45° angle is mid bar on the control console... where it defaults to on startup.... normal

I had my android phone attached to it and saw the image, however when it was in flight I tried to move my finger up and down the screen to move the camera angle and it hardly responded at all.

you're not supposed to move your finger up and down on the screen... just use the up and down arrows as touch buttons... it's not a swipe action gesture control

So i have a nice flying toy thats about it. I will call DJI and see if this is normal. It was bought on ebay and back it will go to the seller. I can't justify a high price toy like this if the gimbal and camera can't be adjusted by me. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem in FPV.

Read your manuals and click the links to the instructional videos provided by DJI ... All this unnecessary confusion can be avoided.

Put the copter on a table with the camera facing you. Turn the copter 1/4 turn counter clockwise and look just above the gimble on the right you will see a narrow plug with a 4 wire ribbon cable. Make sure it is not loose. If it is make sure you seat it properly and it snaps in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl