Just got the P3, can't connect!

Reaction score
My P3P was delivered yesterday while I was at work. I got home late last night after working a 12 hour shift, so I was a bit rummy perhaps. But I can't connect my Note 3 with GO on it to the Phantom, nor can I get the Phantom to respond to the transmitter.

I'm back at work for another 12 hours today, and will attempt again tonight.

I though perhaps it was because I had updated DJI Flight to GO yesterday, and that perhaps I needed to update the firmware to make them compatible. I remembered my Samsung Tab S still had DJI Flight on it, so tried to connect it - still nothing.

Any suggestions??

Have you tried rebinding the controller?
No, I will try that tonight. I think that is most likely the problem since I couldn't get a camera pic on the app, nor the app or the controller to connect.
Should I bind then upgrade fimware, or upgrade then bind, or does it matter?
Right now I've got DJI, Yuneec, and 3DR data all running through my addled and exhausted head and it is very confusing. Vacation starts tomorrow! lol.

Last edited:
No, I will try that tonight. I think that is most likely the problem since I couldn't get a camera pic on the app, nor the app or the controller to connect.
Should I bind then upgrade fimware, or upgrade then bind, or does it matter?
Right now I've got DJI, Yuneec, and 3DR data all running through addled and exhausted head and it is very confusing. Vacation starts tomorrow! lol.
Bind your controller first. That way if it doesn't work, you haven't wasted your time waiting for the FW update and can continue troubleshooting.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Did you register your P3 ?

Try this:

Go to the DJI GO app home page on your device (you'll need 'net connectivity) and tap the little "me" icon on the bottom of the frame.

You should be be directed to set up a DJI account / log in.

Set up your DJI account and give your P3 a name. That should complete the registration process and allow you to proceed with flying your P3.

Here's some additional info. though a little out of date with the release of the GO app:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-14709-1-1.html

Hope this helps.

:harry

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Thanks, dedstick Harry. I'd sat up my account on the Fly app a few days ago - before the P3 arrived, and already given it a name.
I'm looking under the "me" tab right now, I see where I can edit my name, but still nowhere it asks for the Phantom information? Am I missing something?

I like the idea of re-binding the aircraft without doing any FW updates.

The flight app version should not play a part in getting the controller and aircraft to communicate.

:h

Ok, I'm at an impasse here. I must have connection between the radio and the P3P because the gimbal responds. But that is the only response I have. The Note 3 doesn't connect - nothing changes on it when I plug it into the radio. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried from the Note 3 and the Samsung Tab S with the same results.
I have green flashing LEDS on the P3P, but it doesn't respond to a CSC either.
What do I need to do?

I've logged on to DJI chat several times in the last 24 hours - I get no response.
I call tech support and I'm told that there is an unusually high volume of calls coming in and I'm told to call later, then it hangs up. I leave on vacation Sunday for a road trip down the west coast along highway 101. I would love to utilize the P3P for this trip...

I own a P1, a P2 FPV and GoPro 3, which I could take, but the Phantom 3 is so much nicer and compact with built in lightbridge.
I bought the 3DR Solo - - LOL, waited for the gimbal and gave up on that to get the P3P for the trip at the last minute. Now I feel like I've just traded one set of problems for another set - from the frying pan to the fire so to speak. This is really disappointing.

I came home for a visit and even tho my home is outside the no fly zone around Peoria airport by a few miles, it won't connect.

I came home for a visit and even tho my home is outside the no fly zone around Peoria airport by a few miles, it won't connect.

I can't get the app to connect to the aircraft, I don't think that is due to a NFZ? I can't even get a "camera view" icon to appear on my app.

Ok, between a couple of forum members here and on RC groups, and tech support at The Copter Shop in Woodinville, WA
I am airborne!
Early on I was told to be sure to go into my Note 3 settings and activate Authorize USB Debugging through a series of secret taps and handshakes (well sort'a like that). But what I then needed to do was go back in Developer Mode in my settings (the newly activated tab) and "revoke and reset debugging authorizations." Once I did that everything connected and worked!
Thanks all for your help, and I hope that this info can help another member here.

Reactions: Dimas82
Ok, between a couple of forum members here and on RC groups, and tech support at The Copter Shop in Woodinville, WA
I am airborne!
Early on I was told to be sure to go into my Note 3 settings and activate Authorize USB Debugging through a series of secret taps and handshakes (well sort'a like that). But what I then needed to do was go back in Developer Mode in my settings (the newly activated tab) and "revoke and reset debugging authorizations." Once I did that everything connected and worked!
Thanks all for your help, and I hope that this info can help another member here.
Sounds pretty technical to me--- hah! glad you got it worked out:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers