Just got the NVIDIA Shield...

Reaction score
...And I'm a big fan! Having flown with my S7 Edge and switching to a larger screen and using a powerful device will be a pleasure when flying.

Is there anything I can do to optimise my Shield for flying? I intend to use it for flight only.

Thanks again.

Once you have it configured...lock down Google play app updates.

Apps i keep on my Nexus 7:
Wind Alert
MX Player
GPS status
K-Index Monitor
Fing

Tablet Wifi always set to "forget" often used wifi signals...(so if you disconnect...the tablet will ONLY attempt a reconnect to the Phantom Vision)

I'm assuming you've already upgraded the OS to Marshmallow and followed other's advice about only loading useful apps. Given that, I suggest picking up a nice/fast 64 or 128Gb SD card, use Marshmallow's new feature that lets you format it as "internal memory" instead off portable memory, and switch modify your apps to use it. That way you'll have lots of breathing room for cached videos and photos.

All the best, and safe landings

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have disabled everything and the only apps I have are DJI Go and Litchi.

Not done the OS and not exactly sure how to, I will get reading and try and get this done this evening :)

Just on that, I have checked and it is running Android 6.0.1 already.

Okay then, get a card, install it, format it for "internal memory", go to Settings choose Apps, select an app like DJI or Litchi, select Storage settings, select the SD Card, and it will move current files over to it. Going forward the app will operate (cache files etc.) from the new memory you've added instead of the precious 16G the table's main board memory. Great and cheap way of making your 16G tablet into a 80-140G killer tablet [emoji6]

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PFCO
If you format your card and use as internal memory? How do you plan on using the sd slot to get your imagss from your phantoms card?

they are talking about the sd card in the shield tablet , not the phantom's sd card .

Right...if you format that card...and use it as a drive to run apps. Then you have to remove that card to insert the card from the Phantom should you want to edit photos outside of the dji app....but you cant use the apps when the card is removed. The Shield doesnt have two card slots.

I would take the SD card out of the Phantom. Attach that SD card to my computer. Transfer the pics and vids to the computer. Has nothing to do with SD card in the tablet.
I understand the question IF I was going to work on pics on the tablet. But I don't do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers