just got phantom vision 2 plus

Reaction score
Seller gave me two batteries, both get about one minute of flight time. when I plug them into the computer assistant software it says they have 97 percent battery life. Is this an issue with both batteries or the drone itself? all firmware is up to date. notice on the controller how it says 0 minutes even though battery it at 77? Battery drains extremely quickly. both do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-51-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-51-38.png
    775.1 KB · Views: 340
Seller gave me two batteries, both get about one minute of flight time. when I plug them into the computer assistant software it says they have 97 percent battery life. Is this an issue with both batteries or the drone itself? all firmware is up to date. notice on the controller how it says 0 minutes even though battery it at 77? Battery drains extremely quickly. both do.

Did you buy this unit used??

When in the assistant application, what does your battery readings say? This should tell you weather it's a battery issue. The 0 time that you have is only once flight is started. Once the V2+ is in the air the time of flight will then be recorded there.

yes I did buy it used. i was told though there was only 10 hours of flight time. there is obviously a problem I am just trying to see if it needs to be a new quad copter or just a new battery. flight works great , gps locks on fine, assistant says everything is fine... contacted seller already but before I give bad feedback I want to make sure it's not something stupid I'm doing. I have charged both batteries until they stopped blinking, and both give me about one minute of flight time before they automatically head home and my phone starts beeping

here is a pic of battery status

Attachments

• 20151231_220958.jpg
    20151231_220958.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 338
yes I did buy it used. i was told though there was only 10 hours of flight time. there is obviously a problem I am just trying to see if it needs to be a new quad copter or just a new battery. flight works great , gps locks on fine, assistant says everything is fine... contacted seller already but before I give bad feedback I want to make sure it's not something stupid I'm doing. I have charged both batteries until they stopped blinking, and both give me about one minute of flight time before they automatically head home and my phone starts beeping
Are the batteries excessively warm after 1 minute of flight?

I just flew again and not really, the batteries are not hot after flight. So when I got in the air it said 10 minutes of flight. But then 30 seconds later my phone starts beeping. I mean I can understand 20, 15, even 10 minutes of flight. But not 1. I really hope its just the batteries. But it is crazy the system thinks they are just fine.

Here is a pic showing my updates
One last question. Is there any swelling of the battery? Does it look puffy? Like there is gas build up inside the pack?
Good batteries are hard like a brick.

Both of them are a bit puffy on the sides I can press in about 1mm. The top and bottom parts are hard though. Just flew again, got down to 90% in about 30 seconds, and then it said critical battery. I suppose I'll ask for a credit to buy a new battery. I got a vision 2 plus with a soft case, two batteries( that are horrible apparently), and a set of extra proppellers for $485.

Both of them are a bit puffy on the sides I can press in about 1mm. The top and bottom parts are hard though. Just flew again, got down to 90% in about 30 seconds, and then it said critical battery. I suppose I'll ask for a credit to buy a new battery. I got a vision 2 plus with a soft case, two batteries( that are horrible apparently), and a set of extra proppellers for $485.
Not to badly priced. Yes batteries can go bad over time. The V2+ is a 1 and a half year old Quad. I still fly mine a lot.
I would try for new batteries. They are about $50.00 on Ebay. Good Luck!! Let us know how it turns out.:cool:

Yeah they are defenitely swollen, just looked at some youtube videos showing what they should look like vs swollen, kinda sucks I was wanting to go get some fireworks footage, but at least Im pretty sure now its just the batteries. I went ahead and got a new two pack from dji off amazon for 180. Maybe this guy I bought the drone off ebay will give me a credit, probably not though whatever, still a pretty good deal

Yeah they are defenitely swollen, just looked at some youtube videos showing what they should look like vs swollen, kinda sucks I was wanting to go get some fireworks footage, but at least Im pretty sure now its just the batteries. I went ahead and got a new two pack from dji off amazon for 180. Maybe this guy I bought the drone off ebay will give me a credit, probably not though whatever, still a pretty good deal

Take both those batteries and fully charge then check each one in the P2 software and if those current reading do not match then get new ones as the seller didn't take care of them very well. I'm not big on aftermarket batteries buy OEM from an authorize DJI dealer they cost more but it's piece of mind.
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video

10 hours of flight time is a minimum of 30 cycles of a battery, 2 cycles drops 1%, yet yours shows 97%, only 6 cycles,maybe other battery was used more. Me I would not trust these batteries, especially if swollen. They have come down in price recently,I got one on ebay recently for £40.Batteries go bad if stored for a long time fully charged.
Good luck

I bought a used system too, the battery that came with it had 80 charge cycles and around 85% battery life. I'm over 100 cycles now and around 70% battery life remaining.
What happens in a worn out battery is that the voltage drops very swiftly when flying...starting the flight shows about 12 minutes, then when I get to about 5 or 6 minutes the estimate starts dropping very fast, down to 3, 2, or 1 minute remaining within about 30-60 seconds. So realistically I get about 7 minutes of flight time out of that battery.
Make sure you do the maintenance discharge about every 20 cycles or so to preserve the life of the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj