Just got P3P and I have an issue

Reaction score
I updated the firmware. It's good a good GPS signal. I have it on beginners mod and did assisted take off, I did the proper calibration as well. First take off the drone spins out of control just one foot over in the air and chips it's propellers and ruins them and goes upside down. Second time I did it on grass and same thing. What am I doing wrong? Is it that there's too much electromagnetic activity around? Power lines too close? I'm worried I got a flawed drone.

When you take off don't baby it. run it up about 6-8 feet and then let it hover. Your getting ground wash from your props.

Did you do an imu calibration? compass calibration? RC stick calibration?

Did you RTFM?

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Where are you trying to take off?...are you near any large metal objects like garage doors or storage tanks?

I'm pretty close to power lines, is that it? And I'm near a plant nursery where the greenhouse is an acre of metal beams, is a metal fence an issue too?

Could be....find yourself some open ground and try again.
Might be worth checking your IMU calibration as well.

I'm betting on a flawed drone. Return/replace immediately.

I am returning this one and getting another one tomorrow. I got it through Amazon and had no issues returning it when I talked to customer service. Amazon is the best.

I'm a moron everybody, it seems that even with the 2 days of tutorial videos and trying to know everything to do...I put the propellors on wrong...it works great...lol now to call Amazon again!

Curious, how does one do that? I'm serious, they're right and left hand threads. Yes, I realize that they're plastic and you can cross thread them, but that seems a bit brutal.

Mostly because it seems with the firmware updating and the making sure everything is perfect I forgot the simplest of things.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and the issue was a simple one and an inexpensive fix (props). Everybody makes mistakes. You got away cheap.

I put the propellors on wrong...it works great...lol now to call Amazon again!
If you have managed to completely cross thread those props, I'd be very reluctant to trust them again.
You've cut the nylon threads quite a bit with the metal motor threads and the security of the motor to prop connection is critical in flight.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik