Just got myself some Lipo bags for charging the batteries

Just went through customs at my local airport and they stopped my bag and took out the battery in the case and praised me in using the bag.
No issues whatsoever and I'm still in the game

Reactions: Norval
I am going to need 4 bags as I have 4 batteries. Flying early next year to Costa Rica and want to bring the bird with us for aerial footage.

Reactions: Trinimon
I am going to need 4 bags as I have 4 batteries. Flying early next year to Costa Rica and want to bring the bird with us for aerial footage.

I ordered mine from Amazon for pretty cheap and free shipping. The ones that were "fulfilled by Amazon" cost 2-3x more. The sucky thing is that the cheap ones came from China and took 4wks to arrive. They look/feel pretty good though.

I ordered mine from Amazon for pretty cheap and free shipping. The ones that were "fulfilled by Amazon" cost 2-3x more. The sucky thing is that the cheap ones came from China and took 4wks to arrive. They look/feel pretty good though.

What description should I use to order them?. I want to order them soon as it may take some time to receive them, 4 wks or so. Don't want to wait until the last minute.

I just searched for "lipo bag" on Amazon. Seeing that you're in the US, I think you have more options than us Canadians. I just ordered those rectangular, silver, single battery charge bags.

call me an idiot, but what is a lipo bag and why use one?

Lipo bags can be used for the safe carriage and charging of lipo cells (as used in Phantom batteries). Just google "lipo failure" to see what can go wrong if the cells fail...this is what these bags look to contain if it all goes badly wrong. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often, but it does make you think!

call me an idiot, but what is a lipo bag and why use one?

Don't be so harsh on yourself, it is all good. We are all here in this forum to learn..

Reactions: BoneMarrow and Bino
No such thing as wasted "added safety". Be part of a safe community that sets good standards. I wondered if bags were really necessary but after reading a lot, better to have than have not plus it does say "I'm a responsible pilot" and why even chance a hassle with airport security. Someone will eventually ask. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No such thing as wasted "added safety". Be part of a safe community that sets good standards. I wondered if bags were really necessary but after reading a lot, better to have than have not plus it does say "I'm a responsible pilot" and why even chance a hassle with airport security. Someone will eventually ask. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
What size bag is appropiate for the P4P battery? I missed the dimension size of the batteries.

I have had no issues charging batteries @ home with out using them, but I would definitely use them for transportation purposes on any major airline, going to be a lot less of a problem at security . P4

They look pretty flimsy. Where is the evidence that they are really explosion-proof?

They look pretty flimsy. Where is the evidence that they are really explosion-proof?

They are not claiming to be explosion proof - generally theses pouches are fire resistant and intended to contain (avoid the spread of) fire or like damage to surroundings if the battery ignites, which without the 'smarts' in the battery working for example, could ignite.
Just like a fireman jacket protects that person from fire, but they too are not explosion proof (I imagine - not claiming specific knowledge here).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl