Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just got my wings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4proppilot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 4proppilot

4proppilot Guest

Just joined the family of quad copters with a P4.

My first time ever flying a drone and wow.

I come from an RC plane background where maintaining visual on the craft is a must always. Looking down at the iPad is something new and the range of these machines is great and yet quite nerving.

Most impressed and looking to play more
    #1 4proppilot, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
    bunkphenomenon likes this.
  2. ryantrax

Jul 14, 2015
    Welcome to the best Phantom Forum on the nets! I went through the same thing when I started flying Phantoms a few years back, I was also from an RC Plane background of over 20 years. Fly safe and have fun!
  3. TWP723

Feb 19, 2016
    Same here. Flew fixed wing craft for a long time and still do on occasion. But it's night and day when it comes to a quad. Enjoy and have fun!
  4. 4proppilot

4proppilot Guest

Thanks guys. This forum seems to be the place to hang out. I flew the P4 out in the middle of a farming district, no airports or people. I just let her go out over the fields until I couldn't see nor hear her anymore. What a sickening feeling, but there on the iPad was full signal Comms and clear as day a view of where it was. I decided to try the return to home feature. I waited until slowly I could hear the faint buzz of its blades getting closer. Finally in view, and she landed herself right before me. Most impressed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
    TWP723 likes this.