Just got my Phantom 3 Standard and it froze on the firmware update

Reaction score
so i never had any problems with my Phantom 2 v2 but my brand new Phantom 3 Standard crapped out at 16% during the firmware update

now the unit just makes fire alarm like noise and doesn't show up on the wifi

suggestions?

matthew

so i never had any problems with my Phantom 2 v2 but my brand new Phantom 3 Standard crapped out at 16% during the firmware update

now the unit just makes fire alarm like noise and doesn't show up on the wifi

suggestions?

matthew
You might try re-downloading the firmware zip file, as it may have gotten corrupt when unzipping.
Hope this helps.

Yeah I wish I could get that far, it just sits there making fire alarm sounds and none of the lights light up

I emailed dji through their support area and that was a couple of days ago

Amazon is sending me a replacement!

Matthew

It does stop at 16% for a good while did you wait ......

It does stop at 16% for a good while did you wait ......

I had a similar experience. It took four attempts before it finally ran to completion. Each time the app would finally display an "upgrade failed" message and direct me to power cycle the aircraft and the RC.

Each attempt got further percentage wise. It did hang for a long time between 15% and 21% IIRC.

After the 3rd failed attempt and restart, I was unable to get a WiFi connection to the aircraft for a good 15 minutes, from either my Galaxy S6 or a Nexus 7 tablet. Then, while I was in the middle of opening a ticket with DJI it suddenly connected, I ran the update again, and it finally finished successfully.

I think I would prefer copying the firmware to the MicroSD like you do with the other models.

I never got a fail but I certainly got a "stuck for a long time" 30 minutes is a reasonable expectation - although given the flash sizes seems awful slow.

Exact same thing happened to me. After formatting the card and trying again all went fine.

Hello everyone, so I'm confused.. I just got my new Phantom 3 Standard and I can't find any firmware updates for it, yet people are updating?? Is there a firmware update for Phantom 3 Standard or no??

Thank you in advance!

Hmm I just had a quick look and I cant seem to find anything for the standard either. This is the standard section.... Phantom 3 Standard Download Center | DJI
Looks like you might be good to fly out of the box.
I was stumped, when I installed their app on my iPhone and then connected to the drone with wifi it did the updating process

And the default password for the wifi is rather hard to find, it's 12341234

Matthew

Reactions: buford
Some phones are dumb and try to use the phantom connection to get to the internet. I had to swap back and forth on the connection a bit to get updated when I did it.

HTC One M8, I'm looking at you.

Some phones are dumb and try to use the phantom connection to get to the internet. I had to swap back and forth on the connection a bit to get updated when I did it.

HTC One M8, I'm looking at you.

The iPhone did the same stupid dance

Matthew

I just received my phantom 3S and yes there is a update. As soon you open the app and connect the aircraft it would warn of the update.

I just updated my Standard through the DJI App (using Samsung Galaxy s6) and it updated fine. Do I need to install the firmware on the SD card as well or was updating thru the app enough?

I update thru the app and was ok.would tell u at the end that the update is complete

I had the same problem yesterday, seemed like fire alarms combined with convulsions. The whole episode cost me an hour of valuable sunlight. I don't remember the exact steps, but I think the final solution was to restart the app and then it asked me (again) if I wanted to do the update. After I started the update, I just waited, the status didn't seem to move accurately but it did eventually finish and then all was good.

I sure would appreciate some help! Mine got to 43% and then started this very loud annoying beep and now it want shut up. I formated the memory card and even tried a different one. I still have the annoying beep and when I try to upgrade, it says it can't get the info. I'm at a loss as what to do, especially with the loud beeping. Is there anyway to stop the beep?

The beeping is normal and lasts a good 15mins. I just got my phantom 3 and updated my firmware yesterday and beeped and beeped and beeped.. I just let it be and 30mins later it shut up ;)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub