Just got my P3Pro

Reaction score
So I've bounced around this forum a couple weeks and I had a P3Standard. I was one of the poor fools who ruined all 4 motors with prop guard screws and ultimately shorted my board.

So I had a vacation to the Florida Keys coming up that I was visualizing in my head over the past couple weeks the shots I was going to get, angles, etc. then I brickmy P3:(

So I decided, f*** it. Opened an Amazon credit card and went big and did not go home, and bought the pro this time. So I took my first flight yesterday and everyone here was right, I don't regret it a bit. The standard is a toy by comparison. Distance, quality, and holy hell the image quality!!! Not to mention this had a Uv filter standard.

So thank you all for being supportive of my first world problem and solution.

Now I have a couple of questions.

1. I've got some pretty good flight experience at this point (profile screen shot attached). One minor crash under my belt (with the p3 standard not this new one) what flight software should I use? Should I stick with dji go app?

2. I wanted to get a couple of shots from a boat but I'm petrified of losing connection or something. do you set homepoint back on the shore In case it needs to RTH? Do you do ATTI only? What's best practice (outside of not doing it at all)?

3. Any other cool tips and tricks with the P3Pro that I should look for that that I may not have had with the standard?

Attachments

• IMG_6790.PNG
    IMG_6790.PNG
    271.5 KB · Views: 389
Should I stick with dji go app?
Does DJI GO do everything you need it to do? If not, check out the other compatible 3rd party apps here.

I wanted to get a couple of shots from a boat but I'm petrified of losing connection or something. do you set homepoint back on the shore In case it needs to RTH?
That would be a good idea if you're flying near the shore. If you're not near land, you could set the Phantom to hover when the remote controller signal is lost -- like this:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Keep in mind that neither of these things will help if you fly until the battery reaches the critically low level. At that point, you Phantom will auto land at its current location.

Any other cool tips and tricks with the P3Pro that I should look for that that I may not have had with the standard?
Check out the tips at PhantomHelp.com.

Does DJI GO do everything you need it to do? If not, check out the other compatible 3rd party apps here.

That would be a good idea if you're flying near the shore. If you're not near land, you could set the Phantom to hover when the remote controller signal is lost -- like this:

View attachment 74184

Keep in mind that neither of these things will help if you fly until the battery reaches the critically low level. At that point, you Phantom will auto land at its current location.

Check out the tips at PhantomHelp.com.
Yes!!! Thank you!! That link is priceless too!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1