Just got my P3A in...

Reaction score
Havent even unboxed it yet since Im at work.

Im truly excited. Of course the weather outside is deteriorating and is calling for rain right when I get off work.

So, since I will likely not be able to fly it tonight,

What should I do with it? I know Ill likely need to update the software on the unit and the controller.

Anything else I should do?

Reactions: jlo and chase45
You should calibrate the IMU after every firmware update. You can do that indoors -- and, make sure your Phantom is sitting on a level surface.

The compass calibration needs to be done outdoors. Make sure you don't have any metal on your person (watch, ring, phone, etc.). Also, don't calibrate it while near any metal objects -- including sidewalks since they contain rebar.

See the following thread for details on when to re-calibrate the compass:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32829

Thanks for the help.

I actually did watch those videos the other day. But will do so again since I actually have a unit in hand again.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything due to the price of this thing

Is it possible mine shipped with the latest firmware? Got it turned on and it said everything is up to date

Also does the battery and controller LEDs not light up while charging?

Seems to be charging now after I turned the battery on while plugged up. Is this normal. Before powering it up it just sat there and no LEDs blinked

look for the quadcopter icon > sensors I think.

I'm still getting used to the DJI app as I have always relied on the Phantom Assist. What's best now is that you don't need to lug a laptop around to check and recalibrate the IMU.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31