Just got my P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Greetings to all!
New user here :)

Just got my p3a, in the post office box, will be picking up tomorrow.

Had experience with p3s before.

What are the steps after i take it out of the box? Besides reading the manul.

Welcome aboard.

In addition to reading the manual (several times is advised), go here and download the Phantom Help Guide. DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help Read it too.

Watch the DJI Tutorials in the DJI GO app (or on YouTube).

Check the firmware. Calibrate the IMU while the Phantom is cold.

Check all the settings as recommended in the Phantom Help Guide.

Updated firmware for craft and remote.
What else should i do? Do the calibrations for IMU, Compass?
Anything else?

Get yourself familiarised with Everything in the app before you take your 1st flight -

Go to a large open field - put it in beginner mode & take it slow & easy learning the stick movements. Do this at least a few times till you build up your skills/confidence

Read the manual, again. Best of all read these threads & youtube vids.

Good luck

Reactions: t2adze
Get yourself familiarised with Everything in the app before you take your 1st flight -

Go to a large open field - put it in beginner mode & take it slow & easy learning the stick movements. Do this at least a few times till you build up your skills/confidence

Read the manual, again. Best of all read these threads & youtube vids.

Good luck
Its not my first Phantom :) I was an owner of P3 Standard, before.
I am not a total newbie in flying. :) Just wanna know if i am missing out anything with the updates/calibrations?

Its not my first Phantom :) I was an owner of P3 Standard, before.
I am not a total newbie in flying. :) Just wanna know if i am missing out anything with the updates/calibrations?

Ahhhh - you'll be fine! I thought newbie alert
Good choice with the Advanced - I've got the pro but recording in 1080 & 4k is a nightmare trying to play on my old pc.
I now record in 2.7k (was included for the pro a couple of FW updates ago) which plays great & looks fantastic.

Is the standard that bad?

Ahhhh - you'll be fine! I thought newbie alert
Good choice with the Advanced - I've got the pro but recording in 1080 & 4k is a nightmare trying to play on my old pc.
I now record in 2.7k (was included for the pro a couple of FW updates ago) which plays great & looks fantastic.

Is the standard that bad?
Thanks a lot my friend!

Standard is ok. I just need more from a copter. EVEN THOUGH i am not a photographer. I need it for fun. So for me Standard fun, is a bit limited with its small range compared to Advanced :)

Reactions: ELCHEAPO
Read the online manual, I know the manuals that came with my unit are outdated. But if you've flown a Standard, there's nothing much new to learn. Other than you'll have greater control and greater distances to play with.

Read the online manual, I know the manuals that came with my unit are outdated. But if you've flown a Standard, there's nothing much new to learn. Other than you'll have greater control and greater distances to play with.
Thanks!

btw not to open a new thread.
What does red tiny light indicatoe above camera mean while flying?

You're welcome, good luck.

I would hazard to guess an error with the camera recording or taking pictures. What are you trying to do?
I figured out, it was because i didn't have sd card in.:)

I've an Inspire pro but wanted something smaller and more fun so my P3 Advanced also arrives today!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20