Just got my P2, questions about software/updates

Reaction score
Just got my P2 and hooked it up to my Mac to do updates. Everything was up to the latest version. Then hooked up the tx. Current version is 1.0.1.11 and the latest is 1.0.1.12. So I hit upgrade and was ready to install. But in the notes, it states (in bold red) that P2 zenmuse owners should follow the instructions noted below. Step 1 was to update to version 1.0.1.11 then calibrate etc, etc. so should I not upgrade to version 12? Or are the notes incorrect?

Also, I went ahead and switched to Nazam mode even though this is my 1st phantom. I've read a lot about the system and think I understand it and really want IOC mode. I think HL is a good option if I get disoriented. It warns against it if course, but I should be ok as long as I keep it in GPS and avoid ATTI for a while, right?

Anything else I need to do in the software before I fly? Obviously i know about compass calibration. But I got no owners manual with it. Only a quick start. I have downloaded the users manual from the DJI site though. But do they really not ship a manual with it?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

Test each mode carefully in an open area. Get familiar with them in the real world. Be prepared to switch back to GPS mode and IOC off if you get confused. When in doubt, hover. Then use simple control inputs to get your bearings and orientation. Always check the switch positions before you fly and be careful not to knock them.

As for software, update everything. Download and plug in the remote controller as well as it will likely need a firmware update too. Finally, be sure to calibrate your compass properly and then go enjoy it. The forum specific to the P2 is here:

viewforum.php?f=19

I know there is a P2 forum, just thought this was more of a general question. So update to the 1.0.1.12 on the tx or not? It's the latest firmware but as I said the notes say to upgrade to 1.0.1.11, which is what it is now.

In case anyone has the same question - I emailed DJI and they said to install the update. Apparently it's an error in the notes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20