Just got my new p3a

S

sandman259

Had a standard for a couple months and loved it but kept seeing everybody with adv/pro going so far and having better video, so I pulled the trigger and sold my standard and bought a p3a the same day. Couldn't be happier...the controller is so much nicer. Haven't took it out in the country yet but even in my busy neighborhood with wifi interference everywhere I was still about to take it 1000ft further the. my standard. Can't wait to take it out in the country to see how she does...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Congrats. Enjoy

Quick question. First time having two antennas...do you put them pointing straight up and parallel to each other or up and at 45 degree angle to each other? Of heard people say both so wasn't sure. I've also heard people talked about manual or auto for the channel of the transmitter. Should I leave it in auto or do manual sometimes?

They should be pointed as pictured. I use 32-channel hack and leave my custom channel at 30 since it's the cleanest at where I usually fly. Were you able to hit 3000ft in your neighborhood?
68a1801067255441de4121b4df0d3843.jpg

Reactions: liketogethigh
I join you in the celebration my p3a is on its way can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They should be pointed as pictured. I use 32-channel hack and leave my custom channel at 30 since it's the cleanest at where I usually fly. Were you able to hit 3000ft in your neighborhood?
68a1801067255441de4121b4df0d3843.jpg
no i hit a little over 2,000. but video was much better and when i turned the bird around i still had video for the trip back. it didn't matter which direction i went from my driveway it was about the same. I assume I'm in a pretty contested area here. I took my standard down the road a bit to my friends house and got over a mile so looking forward to taking this one there and see how she does. I had my antennas in the "v" pattern, so next time ill try straight. I really didn't want to be one of those guys obsessed with distance and seeing how far you can go but here I am...lol.

Reactions: liketogethigh
no i hit a little over 2,000. but video was much better and when i turned the bird around i still had video for the trip back. it didn't matter which direction i went from my driveway it was about the same. I assume I'm in a pretty contested area here. I took my standard down the road a bit to my friends house and got over a mile so looking forward to taking this one there and see how she does. I had my antennas in the "v" pattern, so next time ill try straight. I really didn't want to be one of those guys obsessed with distance and seeing how far you can go but here I am...lol.
I hear you. This long distance disease is contagious[emoji12]

Reactions: alokbhargava
Ok took it out again today. Beautiful sky and readjusted the antennas like you said. Went 3,000ft in my neighborhood...WOOHOO!! I probably could have went a little further but I decided that was far enough in my neighborhood. This is the same neighborhood I could barely get 1,500 with my standard, with my fingers crossed and praying to the lord above...haha...I'm pretty jacked up right now...my neighborhood is pretty busy and a lot of houses so I was shocked....don't think I'm gonna miss my standard...haha

Ok took it out again today. Beautiful sky and readjusted the antennas like you said. Went 3,000ft in my neighborhood...WOOHOO!! I probably could have went a little further but I decided that was far enough in my neighborhood. This is the same neighborhood I could barely get 1,500 with my standard, with my fingers crossed and praying to the lord above...haha...I'm pretty jacked up right now...my neighborhood is pretty busy and a lot of houses so I was shocked....don't think I'm gonna miss my standard...haha

Glad you got what you wanted. I don't miss my Standard a bit. Everything is solid from the remote controller to the signals.

Agreed...video was way more stable. Felt like a kid on Christmas morning...lol..and when I turned around I still had video for the ride back. The standard would always go blank for a little while until it got signal again.

Just made it to 5,000ft in my neighborhood....this thing never ceases to amaze me[emoji106]

I did the same thing. Was Standard owner, got upset with the range, switched to Advanced. Happy ever since.

Seams like a waste of time to spend a bunch of money on antenna mods for a standard when it will never be as good as a bone stock adv/pro...

Same here just got my advanced today, was wondering whether you can charge the controller and main battery at the same time? Not sure

Same here just got my advanced today, was wondering whether you can charge the controller and main battery at the same time? Not sure

The manual says no but a lot of members, myself included, here have done it without any issues.

The manual says no but a lot of members, myself included, here have done it without any issues.

Cheers well it's exciting stuff now I'm waiting on an iPad mini 3 (frustration sets in) can't wait

Is the camera the only difference between the A and the P? I have a P4, but was thinking about getting a second Phantom and trying to save a few bucks. I would just get a Standard now that they're so cheap (4K isn't useful to me) but the additional range of the Adv and Pro is useful. Trying to decide if the Adv is worth the extra $100.

Is the camera the only difference between the A and the P? I have a P4, but was thinking about getting a second Phantom and trying to save a few bucks. I would just get a Standard now that they're so cheap (4K isn't useful to me) but the additional range of the Adv and Pro is useful. Trying to decide if the Adv is worth the extra $100.
Don't get the Standard. Go for the Advanced or Pro since the range is a lot better. Another difference is the video bitrate: 2 on Advanced vs 10 Mbps on Pro.

One more difference is the charger that comes with the package: 57W vs 100W for Pro. So it charges to full faster with 100W charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: peterepeat69
i also just received my P3a I have 3 batteries with it also went to my local park and flew it . was abit scared to take it far but picture and video perfecto !!

just a quick question I have a full charged battery I never use on the weekend and its in the craft should I take it out ? or is it ok to leave it in the craft

Don't get the Standard. Go for the Advanced or Pro since the range is a lot better. Another difference is the video bitrate: 2 on Advanced vs 10 Mbps on Pro.

One more difference is the charger that comes with the package: 57W vs 100W for Pro. So it charges to full faster with 100W charger.

I'll agree the advanced whips the standards backside in too many ways, worth the extra, saves on an upgrade 4sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers