Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just got my HeadPlay fpv. Confused about two things.

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by RyanK, Oct 7, 2015.

1. RyanK

So I just got my HeadPlay fpvs yesterday. I see they come with a battery, but NOT a charger. Does that happen for everyone?? Where do I get the battery charger?

Also, there is a line of light above the main screen. Is that supposed to be that way?

2. RyanK

Does anyone have the HeadPlays?? What do you do for charging it??

3. PilotHarry

4. markcl

mine doesnt come with the charger too, but that kind of charger can be purchased easily in any RC models shop. Yes mine has a line of light above the main screen too. i thought about taking it apart to stick a black tape on it see it can be getting rid of.

5. RyanK

@markcl did you order yours from the Japananese store or from the US vendor?? I got mine from Japan. I wonder if there was a bad batch or something with the light issue.

6. markcl

i got mine from a local vendor here in HK, it doesn't bother me too much..

7. Mike Mauk

ok I just got my headplay goggles mine has the charger. I ordered my goggles from getfpv.com. now all I need is the HDMI cable for my P3A controller HDMI module and the head play.. crap always something.

8. AlmostaJoker

Do the headplay work good with the P3A? Thinking about getting a pair.

9. Mike Mauk

Yes, well you need to get the HDMI module, but then they work, I just used them again today with my nephew. you need to set enable the HDMI port on the app.. the picture is great on the head plays. I got the 10' HDMI cable so others can use them , I am not comfortable flying with them on. the best part is it uses the HDMI port so you also can still use the ipad as well

10. AlmostaJoker

Awesome, thanks.

11. GreggC

I ordered my Head Play from Range Video, its been 30 day Im waiting, apparently on back order.
    I can't imagine not getting a battery charger...I guess I'll see when it arrives.

12. RyanK

I've been using mine with with my P3A. They work well. If you use them on a hot day, you'll definitely work up a sweat underneath, but I guess there is no way around that. It's also a lot of fun to give someone else an immersive experience while you fly around.

13. AlmostaJoker

Thank you for the response. I already ordered the HDMI module, just need to find the goggles. I saw a thread on here where a guy installed a little fan in his headplay, might be a option.

14. Mtnbkr

Hello, I have a P3A and ordered the HDMI mod. I had decided on purchasing the Head Plays but read a thread here with a few members saying they work great with the P3P but not the P3A. I can not find the tread again.
    Are you guys having problems with the HP's connected to the P3A? I have postponed ordering the HP's for now.
    Thanks in advance.

15. Dan jolliff

I have been reading up on this and it seems a lot happy fliers with the head on the p3a,,s are using the
    NVIDIA SHIELD
    Then you plug into its hdmi port
    I picked up one for 163 and it gives me a pad with extra memory just for the phantom
    Bigger screen then my iPhone 6

But I understand that i will lose some map details by Not going apple,, do not use these much anyway...
    Seemed better than buying a air due to I can save flights on the shields extended memory and buy the head play for the same money as a new iPad 3!
    I worry about all the changes I read about to make the iPhone work...

Wish me luck

I'm flying on private property so I do not care about any LAW telling
    Me what I can do with the goggles.
    P.s

Was on Ellis island today. Big flashing sign. No drones !!!