Just got a P2 Vision and need battery advise

Reaction score
This is my first post and what a great forum.
A close friend of mine who races drones gave me his Phantom 2 vision & Controller, Range extender with the 2 stock batteries with the charger. He knew I was flying the smaller ones and surprised me. I've started flying it and one of the batteries doesn't hold a charge and dies after 2 mins. Some of the cells are damage. I have searched the forum and the internet for an aftermarket battery vs Stock DJI. I haven't found anything recent regarding batteries so I thought I'd reach out for some advise. I have read because of the firmware some battery won't work or won't trigger the 20% alarm. I am running all the current firmware 3.8 software along with Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System 3.14. So I need some help in picking a new battery. If stock is better, so be it. I'm also dealing with the Android app crashing on my Note 4, so one thing at a time. Thank you in advance.

So where are you guys buying your batteries from???? There are a ton of them out there and not sure which one to pull the trigger on?

Decent P2 batteries are scarce, some on eBay but beware some are bad news and fail quickly. Look for someone selling stock batteries that show the cell voltages as this will give you an idea of battery life.

NEVER leave them fully charged, that is a bad practice.
Interesting, just got new batteries but I know they discharge after 10 days. Only charge them if you are going to fly is what you are saying, correct?

This is my first post and what a great forum.
A close friend of mine who races drones gave me his Phantom 2 vision & Controller, Range extender with the 2 stock batteries with the charger. He knew I was flying the smaller ones and surprised me. I've started flying it and one of the batteries doesn't hold a charge and dies after 2 mins. Some of the cells are damage. I have searched the forum and the internet for an aftermarket battery vs Stock DJI. I haven't found anything recent regarding batteries so I thought I'd reach out for some advise. I have read because of the firmware some battery won't work or won't trigger the 20% alarm. I am running all the current firmware 3.8 software along with Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System 3.14. So I need some help in picking a new battery. If stock is better, so be it. I'm also dealing with the Android app crashing on my Note 4, so one thing at a time. Thank you in advance.
If your battery is dying after just two minutes, then it is really done for. You would be smart to do all you can to find a genuine P2V battery. Accept no substitute. I bought another recently from Dronefly. Look for them on line.

once you charge your battery use it , don't store fully charged., if something is wrong with the battery don't fly, you will wish you didn't.

Reactions: Elqueso2
Ok thanks, I got 3 batteries and charge them and then let them sit for a few days! Won't do that again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj