Just got a 5.8 FPV Fatshark system

Reaction score
Hey all so... I just got a new FPV Fat Shark Preditor v2 system that is 5.8ghz. Unfortunately I can't run it in my 5.8ghz phantom cause it takes control over it. So I wanted to know If i can basically downgrade my phantom to 2.4ghz with a new transmitter and receiver so I can run the FPV system. I see they sell 2.4ghz controllers, but can't seem to find a 2.4ghz receiver for the phantom board.

Any ideas of what to do?

I'm thinking that instead of trying to change your copter remote control frequency from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz, you should consider getting a Phantom 1 or a non-Vision Phantom 2. Those models are made with 2.4Ghz copter controls out of the box.

I'm no mod wizard, though, so I have no idea how difficult it would be to change your existing system. I only know what I would do.

Jiffer said:
Hey all so... I just got a new FPV Fat Shark Preditor v2 system that is 5.8ghz. Unfortunately I can't run it in my 5.8ghz phantom cause it takes control over it. So I wanted to know If i can basically downgrade my phantom to 2.4ghz with a new transmitter and receiver so I can run the FPV system. I see they sell 2.4ghz controllers, but can't seem to find a 2.4ghz receiver for the phantom board.

Any ideas of what to do?
im in the same boat the guys at fat shark say no

I haven't tried anything FPV yet, but I have seen that there are 1.2 ghz FPV systems out there. Have you looked into those?

Jiffer said:

Any ideas of what to do?
try Nabil at multirotorheli.ca he converted my fc40 to a 2.4 tx/rx

It is relatively easy. You can buy a new P1/P2 2.4 remote new as well as the respective Rx board. Just swap the board in the Phantom and use the 2.4 remote. You can (or at least could) find the individual items on B&H. You could likely find a used remote & Rx on ebay too since a lot of guys are jumping up to aftermarket Tx/Rx systems.

Cheers.

or consider buying a Futaba or similar, they run at 2.4ghz.
A bit pricey, but includes lots of bells and whistles (and timers! which are very, very handy for FPV flying)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20