Just Found on The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary the defence put forward by their lawyer: quote-

“This vehicle can’t go above 300 feet,” Kushner said. “They did nothing more than fly a kite.”

Interesting that half the article talks about how much fun it is. I wonder what the true elevation of everyone was. I am sure that there will be some incidents in the near future with how fast the fad is growing and how little real training is necessary to fly. Seems that the govt thinks that fpv is not good for public safety. To address our quads intruding into the path of a occupied aircraft perhaps some software fix that would cause avoidance by our quads if an aircraft is say 1 or 2 miles away. Myself it is pretty easy to see if there are any aircraft near where I fly, both visually and from the sound.

last time I checked, US FAA regs say RC aircraft aren't supposed to be operating above 400 ft anyway... which no other aircraft except in a landing pattern should be in... and THEN your RC aircraft shouldn't be operating within a certain distance of any airport. QED.

check the other thread, there's a linked Forbes article which explains how there's already enough laws regarding the use of these drones that we don't need more... although that won't stop the anti-drone juggernaut

We need our airspace. Why can't we RC aircraft operators have the same opportunities as other folks who like to do things in the sky. Perhaps airfields can be designated where manned aircraft cannot fly, but we can.. I think I am gonna join the AMA today. It seems they are our prime advocate and our supporting this organization will benefit us with reasonable rules and regulations but provide us with a manner to truly enjoy our hobby.

Wedeliver said:
QYV said:
if it's a Phantom, that's a dumb claim by the lawyer but there's no shortage of asshattery in this situation.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19874 same topic, more active
It looks like a Phantom 2 Vision

any time there's any mention of a "drone" in the news, they use a stock photo of a Phantom.
the "event" happened at 1215am, I don't think they got a sunlight picture of it ;)

discv said:
Scary the defence put forward by their lawyer: quote-

“This vehicle can’t go above 300 feet,” Kushner said. “They did nothing more than fly a kite.”

Yes, well, we all know when a lawyer is lying...... when their mouth is moving !!

locked.jpg

This is a duplicate topic. Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19874

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31