Just flew FPV for the first time

Reaction score
Just flew FPV for the first time using Zeiss VR One Plus goggles, my smartphone, and Litchi. Man, 'immersive' mode is just that, don't try it unless you are sitting down! Kinda cool but very disorienting, can't say I really liked the experience. But it's pretty inexpensive to give it a try if you already have a smartphone with a hi-res display since all you need is a 3rd-party app and a set of under-$100 goggles.

Reactions: Mix_
Just flew FPV for the first time using Zeiss VR One Plus goggles, my smartphone, and Litchi. Man, 'immersive' mode is just that, don't try it unless you are sitting down! Kinda cool but very disorienting, can't say I really liked the experience. But it's pretty inexpensive to give it a try if you already have a smartphone with a hi-res display since all you need is a 3rd-party app and a set of under-$100 goggles.

Aye, I tried too, and decided, that it is quite risky, unless You fly high above any obstacles. And - I would prefer an observer nearby w/o glasses, who can keep track. And 'immersive' - yes, it is.
I use more often the glases and VR by putting/giving them on my daugther/friends/parents/etc when they come with me - just stream to iPhone equipped glases via Litchi and Litchi Vue app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I like it for high, long flights.. where the course is one straight line.. maneuvering is scary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a nifty feature in Litchi where you can program one of the controller buttons to switch between FPV and the camera on the smartphone, so you don't have to take the goggles off to see your local environment. When the drone gets near just hit the button and you instantly can see the drone from your own perspective so you can easily land. As if FPV wasn't disorienting enough... lol

Reactions: Mix_

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers