just fixed my gimbal

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I don't know but I am hoping this may help someone out as it has me. My gimbal on start up was making a horrible noise, not only that it as moving up and down on its own accord, also in flight it kept turn left and then flicking back sharply.
I took off the gimbal and inspected it thoroughly, I noticed the main vertical arm was just slightly bent. when I sighted it across the rear part of the gimbal. I took the bull by its horns and with two hands I applied firm pressure twice and again I cast my eye across it and saw it was running horizontal with a rear part of the gimbal. I then fixed the gimbal back to the phantom and powered up. Wow to my amazement, the horrible grinding sound had gone and the gimbal is working absolutely perfect. I feel the gimbal is a precise engineered piece of kit and slight disalgnment is causing a lot of the errors I have read about.
If anyone would like a detailed photo of where my arm was bent I can post one tomorrow evening on this thread.
I have had help from you guys so it would be great to give back and maybe help someone else. Thanks

Interested to see the pic as I crashed my H3-3D and bent the main lower arm. Bent the arm back but it's making a funny noise now. it also needs to be rebalanced which may be the reason why though. Having a hard time re-balancing it properly

Hi , yes exactly I had a a vortex crash and my main arm was bent, just 1mm. I think the gimbals are quite sensitive and maybe the smallest of knocks can make them perform in strange ways. I will take a pic where the gimbal was out of true and post here if i can.

Ok I am not sure about re balancing, I am a newbie and have hard some bad luck with the whole experience so far.

I have a pic showing how I found my gimbal arm was bent, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to post the image into this post

Ash said:
Ok I am not sure about re balancing, I am a newbie and have hard some bad luck with the whole experience so far.

I have a pic showing how I found my gimbal arm was bent, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to post the image into this post

Upload it somewhere like tinypic.com and post the link or img embed code here

ok let me know please. I have just checked mine again as i had only fixed it late last night. It still works great no noises I am so pleased. I thought I would have to purchase another............it could have got quite expensive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20