Just did a Long Range Flight.

Reaction score
I thought the max distance was 2 kms for these quads (1.2 miles) when did this change?

EDIT: I looked at the DJI website and sure enough it says 5km range... when was this update done?

I still could have pushed more but I thought I would not have enough power to return. Seems we are very limited by batteries then... I managed to return with about 45% left still but the app "timeline" said I would not have enough power to come back even as I was coming back home, then it corrected itself... any insight on this? This bug happened to my Inspire as well.

This is outside the US by the way.

Just wanted to share thanks!
JC
Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 7.01.46 PM.png

Thats a long ways, my longest so far 3200 meters over the ocean, im still a bit concerned with the low battery issue, so im playing safe for now.
The way i figure it out if it takes 40 % of the battery one way that leaves me with 40% for the trip back and ill be landing with 20% left
Never works like that I always return with more than 30% left for some reason.

Thats a long ways, my longest so far 3200 meters over the ocean, im still a bit concerned with the low battery issue, so im playing safe for now.
The way i figure it out if it takes 40 % of the battery one way that leaves me with 40% for the trip back and ill be landing with 20% left
Never works like that I always return with more than 30% left for some reason.

That would work... only problem is if you find yourself fighting against wind on your return...

I thought the max distance was 2 kms for these quads (1.2 miles) when did this change?
EDIT: I looked at the DJI website and sure enough it says 5km range... when was this update done?
The P3 has had brilliant range ever since it was launched back in April.
DJI just got around to updating their specs to match the real situation about a month or so back.

Reactions: Shammyh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic