Just curious

Reaction score
I am a new Phantom 1 owner. Before and after purchace I have read so many having problems. I know with anything being made there will be some failures. Normally you only hear the complaints and not from the ones without problems. I am curious how many Phantoms are out there working fine compared to the ones with problems. I wonder how many they have made and sold. I'm sure many problems are caused by the operator. I have read so many things to watch out for with the Phantoms such as proper set up. Stay away from wifi areas....don't be near strong magnetic fields, don't calibrate compass on metal or near magnetic sources...or over pavement with rebar and many more. I have watched hundreds of videos of people flying their Phantoms on youtube.....and they have broken every rule in the book. So far, I have no problems and hope I don't but I an aware of the things I shouldn't do.

I forgot how many Phantoms are sold around the world but the amount of fly-aways, and malfunctions even if you don't count pilot error or neglegence is a very small %.

Just learn and enjoy. I think the major problem is the level of training everyone gets with Phantoms. They are entry level hobby grade that is geared towards the consumer.

When I used to fly Nitro Helicopters you bought it from a hobby shop... you built it, you learned how to adjust and trim it... you learned to hover with an experience pilot and training struts the size of hula hoops. you had hours and hours of flight time in a park away from people.

Fast forward to now. You buy it from an online dealer. Charge up the batteries. Watch some youtube videos (at first there weren't even these). started it up and in GPS mode throttle up and let go of the sticks and BAM you are hovering. No way this happens with nitro helicopters where you have variable collective, throttle, rotor tilt, and tail rotor adjustment (yaw) to keep a hell hovering. NO GPS all have to be manually adjusted just to hover. And you can fly your phantom in the backyard!

It's almost learn as you go and I think that's why there are so many issues, but even that the % is low.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik