Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

About $160 including adapters.

Love it, that may be the rout u have to go.. I just tested continuity , I have 0 across the board when I test each end with out the adaptors .. And each end with the adaptors.. So this tells me the issue is now one of 2 things instead of 3.. It's either the cable is just too long for the MHz the controller can output.. And it's loosing all its signal before it gets to the antenna, or the other side of the connectors going either into the remote or that Antenna are not making good enough contact or not making any contact at all.. I wish I could turn my Rc on with out any antenna to see if I get the beeping and red light flashing, cuz if so then that would tell me that the controller doesn't see the antenna at all.. If it doesn't beep with a red light then I know that it has something to do with the cable not being able to send the signal 50'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test cables alone, no adapters, then check each adapter.

I came across that chart the other day looking stuff up, not the same exact one but one like it.. It showed feet per/signal loss, and the doffernt types of cables.. LMR had much much less signal loss at 50-100' than rg6 had.. That .. I do remember lol. .. But still I don't get why it wouldn't work for now.. Must just be too much cable.. And too powerful of an antenna.. You were using what 9dbi-7dbi? And how many foot of cable when you used your rg6 cable setup? If you say you used 100' then mine should work.. If you say you used 5-20' then I'm thinking the cable is my issue

The type of cable will work, I used 50ft and 25ft adapted/connected just fine. Either your cables or one of the adpters is bad or not connected. Narrow it down to which one.

But say just one is bad.. Wouldn't that mean that I would just have signal loss on either my Rc side or my hd side? Unless the loss WAS at my Rc side which may be while the red light would flash and it wouldn't connect ? Maybe I'll try it again and see what happends.. Maybe the pin didn't go in the hole all the way on one of them idk. I only tried it once but I was sure I had it right .. Just don't wanna end up hurting my controller if it somehow isn't connected or something .. That would be my luck.. A 5$ adaptor ruins my 400$ controller

9f0483252190254c34789601439e991d.jpg

Tried it again and it worked! Image quality is absolutly perfect , can't even tell a differnce and there is no lag just like when I don't use the cable.. This is great news.. Only thing I could think is one of the adaptors or maybe both were not making connection to the F cable.. Cuz now that I think about it I did take off the adaptor to the antenna and put them back on, and took the adaptor off the Rc and put it back on when I was testing it, but I never did take the adaptor off the cable it's self and put it back on.. So idk it must of just had bad contact somewhere.. Once I saw there was continuity Between the ends of both lines I figured why not give it one more shot and it worked. So from now on I'll just make sure to leave those adaptors treated tightly into the F-cable to make sure I maintain that good solid connection for the next time I go to use it.

One thing I noticed tho.. It takes a pretty darn long time for the quad and the controller to link...

I started the controller up first, red light was solid and no beeping and no flashing.. So I though great! Then I turned the quad on and waited, and waited , and waited .. Prolly a good 30-45 seconds maybe longer .. And just when I was about to turn off the contoller and call it quits for tonight the red light went green and I had video feed. So I turned it all off and repeated the process again and again, and Everytime it seems to take awhile for the controller to connect to the quad.. Why is this? Does it have anything to do with the 50' of cable? It didn't take this long when the panel was connected directly to my controller with out the F-cable. So maybe that's why. But once the signal is there and it's connected all seems perfect!

Ps.. The front lights on the quad stayed red, the rear lights flashed yellow.. It did that until it finally connected with the controller then the rear lights flashed Green as normal. Any thoughts? Normal?

Reactions: JohnnyB
Nvm all is good, I remebered that sometimes for whatever reason when my sd card wasn't in the gimbal I would have that issue on and off with the controller to take longer to connect for whatever reason.. Even with the stock antenna.. So I popped the sd card in and instaintly soon as the quad got done powering up the green light would come on the remote and I was ready to go.. I tested it multipul times and now Everytime i turn it on the controller will connect instaintly .. So that's all that was.. I even messed with the fittings going into the remote and antenna.. With the Rc on and connected, and with the Rc off and not connected .. Then booted it back up again, and every single time It works perfectly ..

So this concludes me to believe all it was the whole time was a bad connection with the coax cable to the adaptor.. Hopfully it didn't hurt my remote at all..

I'm starting to think that Maybe the red flashing light and the beeping noise was a way of it protecting itself .. Maybe they designed these remotes to detect when it has no antenna signal and to turn off power so it doesn't burn itself up.. This way if an antenna were to ever break off inside or outside of the remote (stock) then the remote would detect no signal so that it turns off power to the antenna system so it won't burn itself up.. At least I hope that's the case..

All is well. I wanna thank you two for all the help you gave me. I'll be sure to post pics up on this thread as well as the "dual battery mod" thread when I get the rest of my battery mod equipment in and installed.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Glad to hear you got it worked out and working.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
My patients have all escaped the mental ward.

I like being helped too. If I know something , I share it. And I don't try to seem like I know it all... (know what I mean?).....

Back to the OP's original subject.. I got my fitting in for the test meter. Soon I'll test each panel I have, and the L-coms boosted and unboosted, and post results on 'the mods that I have'.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Grammaton, your patience is appreciated.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

No but seriously thankyou both for the help in diagnosing this issue.

All has been well ever since!

I just orderd myself an evolite kit! Priority shipping, I'm off next Tuesday and if I have it by then and installed I will be testing my *** off :p. Can't wait! I have a lot of trees in my area, and tho the maxxrange still did Very good, I'm always wanting more ;)

And hey, question.. If maxxuav uses RG58 cable and sends them out in to use in their kits, then why shouldn't I have just bought 2x 50" cable of RG58 instead of RG6? Or is RG6 still better? Maybe they are only using RG58 cuz it's very short.. No more than 4-9" in the kits they are selling them with.. I'm just curious cuz if 58 will work better than my 6 then I will just use 58 cuz it's fairly cheap.. Then there is RG316.. Again another cable type used by maxxuav in their kits.. Is this type of cable such as RG58 and RH316 any better than RG6 that I have 2x 50' of? Or again is it only being used in this case cuz they are such short peices that it really doesn't have much loss of signal..

I have a feeling I may just go to high grade microwave cable like gram got. I just wanna use the best cable for the best price.. But if it's not good enough I will go to the most expensive if I have to.

Got my amps set up, and my LMR cables ready. I am hoping this weekends weather allows for a maiden test flight of my set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair