Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

I get 6000 with my ARGTek with heavy interference

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's not bad for the price, but I wanted killer range. There are guys going 30-40-60k feet with our maxxrange antennas. Which is why we got these over the ARGTek or other brands- but good to know those work. I have heard some ppl say they didn't see much difference and other ppl say they got almost double. So thanks for the feedback man. Again it all varies depending on where you live and what's around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delays between answers = work..lol sorry

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

No prob man.. Let me know if you could tell me why my controller is flashing red and beeps when connected to the rg6 cables.. you gotta go back one more page if you missed my question..

I would ask gram but I think he is also at work.. And me? Tuesday's are my days off lol. Tues and sun

That's not bad for the price, but I wanted killer range. There are guys going 30-40-60k feet with our maxxrange antennas. Which is why we got these over the ARGTek or other brands- but good to know those work. I have heard some ppl say they didn't see much difference and other ppl say they got almost double. So thanks for the feedback man. Again it all varies depending on where you live and what's around you.

Reason why I didn't get a maxxrange or itelite DBS was because it won't fit in my hard-case and with minor trimming to the foam I can make the ARGTek fit that and I need battery mods to go much farther and I didn't want to go that deep into my mods

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Really wish gram was around today to tell me what I'm doing wrong :( I miss gram. lol

No prob man.. Let me know if you could tell me why my controller is flashing red and beeps when connected to the rg6 cables.. you gotta go back one more page if you missed my question..

I would ask gram but I think he is also at work.. And me? Tuesday's are my days off lol. Tues and sun

Gram works nights.. sleeps days.. but.. controller issue first. Most common fix is RC calibration... Updates next.
Next.. u didn't mention but 'never' turn on RC without antennas attached.
Are you positive you have correct connectors on your cable? The remote side will be RP-SMA, antenna side, SMA. If all that is correct, it shouldn't be an issue that would cause the controller to beep.
To better diagnose the beeping, what did you do exactly before it started beeping? Was the controller turned off when you switch cables?

And the pic u asked for, I already posted a pic with the itelite antenna, it'll be the same with maxxrange.

And the pic u asked for, I already posted a pic with the itelite antenna, it'll be the same with maxxrange.

Yah I know but since the maxxrange is bigger I just wanted to see how it looked on the evolite brace.. I wanted to see where exactly it was positioned and if it stood lower or higher etc.. And no I NEVER turn the controller on with out an antenna plugged in, I know better than that.. The connectors are for sure 100% correct as the ends of the adaptors match the ends sent from my kit to go into the panel as well as the ones that go into the remote .. I think I may have had the antennas crossed tho.. The left is hooked up to port one and the right is hooked into port 2... Do you tbink that could cause this? And do you think it hurt my remote of it was? I sure hope not.. I will put the antenna back onto the remote directly and try it again to make sure it all still works like it had last night ..And if it does, then that means I possibly had them crossed earlier when I tried it

Last edited:
So I just checked and I had the left cable going to port 1 and the right cable going to port 2.. This is the correct way to run them is it not? I tried the controller just now with it linked directly to the panel and I have no issues, just like last night everything works flawlessly... Red light came on solid, I booted the phantom , light turned green imediatly after start up, and I have perfect picture, signal, and bars... So idk why when I try it with the coax it doesn't work...

Crossed cables shouldn't matter and the cables shouldn't have anything to do with the remote beeping, lights red. Search remote controller beeping flashing red... You'll see most fixes are calibrating and updating RC.

Ok gram this is what I just purchased I hope it's all right.. Couldn't find it on amazon for some reason so I just got it off eBay where I am use to shopping ...

Here is the RP SMA, which looks like a male pin with a hole in it -to denial F- style.

1. http://m.ebay.com/itm/RP-SMA-male-t...EXPRESS-USA-/131264878711?txnId=1305969298003

And here is the RP SMA connector which has an actual pin sticking out of the RMA connector , and again the other side is a f-style female like the one above..

2. http://m.ebay.com/itm/F-Type-Female...r-Converter-/141095839316?txnId=1353651415004

They are both basically the same connector other than one SMA side has a pin with a hole in it and one connector has just a pin coming out..

Both are high grade, non Chinese, and both have gold plating .. Hope I did good. Lol. Took forever to ween though all the fittings on eBay to find these, specially trying to find ones that ARNT China, and that are from the same seller, with fast shipping ( will be here Wednesday) as well as making sure they are the correct adaptors.

Hey Johnny this is from a previous post when I was telling gram which connectors I got.. These are the exact ones I have.. So check them out and you tell me if you see something wrong but to me it's all right...

I'm a mechanic so I can read plug ends/adaptors pretty well and can usually tell just by looking whether they are the same or not.. Like I said before from what I can tell they are 100% right...

Only thing I can think is maybe these adaptors were not made for RG6 cable? But how can that be? And F-connector should be an F-connector

It all looks 100% correct. Very good work. The thicker black cables are what I prefer. The bend is fine. As for locking the connector so no spin occurs, hot glue/RTV the inside surfaces of them to controller wall. You're gonna love that mod you just did.

Thanks buddy! And yah I emailed Paul too and he told me to use the black cables as well.. I just didn't know if that bend was too much or not he said it's fine. I do like them much better as they are thicker and look higher grade as well..

To catch you up.. I set up my panel on a stool, ran the 2 coax- RG6 cables from the antenna to my controller using the adaptors I told you I had purchased the other day.. I turn on my controller first as usual.. The light stays red as normal for about 5-10 seconds.. Then flashes red and beeps angry at me.. I thought maybe I had a bad connection and feared I fried my remote.. So I checked all the connections again -they were tight and right.. Then turned it on again with the same issue, beeping and red light...I turned the drone on just to see what would happen and it never recognized /connected to one another.. So I turned it all back off, put the panel directly back on my remote -how it was last night when it all worked perfect.. And walla.. Everything is fine again.. Perfect video full bars etc..

So what could be the issue? Are those adaptors not comparable with my RG6 cable or what?

Hey Johnny this is from a previous post when I was telling gram which connectors I got.. These are the exact ones I have.. So check them out and you tell me if you see something wrong but to me it's all right...

I'm a mechanic so I can read plug ends/adaptors pretty well and can usually tell just by looking whether they are the same or not.. Like I said before from what I can tell they are 100% right...

Only thing I can think is maybe these adaptors were not made for RG6 cable? But how can that be? And F-connector should be an F-connector

Like he said.. looks right.

So what the heck is my issue then? I just don't get how it could work fine when I have the panel connected with the original cables .. But soon as I use those adaptors and connect it with the RG6 the remote just beeps at me and flashes red for the status light..

I'm wondering if 50 foot of cable on each antenna is too much? Maybe the controllers power alone can't transfer the signal that far? This making the controller not "see" that there is a connection being made to the antenna?

Maybe I need to buy shorter cables and try it idk.. Or maybe it needs boosters to be able to push the power out idk

Yes I seen that and have pretty much the same plan as you.. almost to the "T". Having a choice of setup is what I'm shooting for too.

When I say almost to the "T", I mean having the set to where I can use on remote, on a tripod or the car top. What I'll do different is get cables with the correct ends to keep down all the loss from adapters, and I'll use what I have already to mount to the tripod.

So what the heck is my issue then? I just don't get how it could work fine when I have the panel connected with the original cables .. But soon as I use those adaptors and connect it with the RG6 the remote just beeps at me and flashes red for the status light..

I'm wondering if 50 foot of cable on each antenna is too much? Maybe the controllers power alone can't transfer the signal that far? This making the controller not "see" that there is a connection being made to the antenna?

Maybe I need to buy shorter cables and try it idk.. Or maybe it needs boosters to be able to push the power out idk

Not sure.. someone will chime in.

When I say almost to the "T", I mean having the set to where I can use on remote, on a tripod or the car top. What I'll do different is get cables with the correct ends to keep down all the loss from adapters, and I'll use what I have already to mount to the tripod.

You would have to go with a differnt cable then entirely .. Cuz if your using any type of F-cable you arnt gonna be able to connect the controller to the antenna with our using these adaptors -from what I know ..

Are you planning on using an entirely differnt cable for your antenna to your controller? The only added adaptors in my setup are 2 on each end of the cables.. That they are high quality ones.. So I couldn't imagine that taking up much signal loss... I think longer cables would reduce your signal far more than a few connecters.. But none the less, the more adaptors and feet of cable you add, the less signal you will have coming out the end of the antenna

And yah this really sucks that more ppl can't chime in to help, only other thing I can think to do is get new adaptors, or differnt cable.. Which would suck cuz I can't return the stuff now really..

I tested out the antenna real quick , with my old antenna I would stick my drone out on the porch.. And close my main door with me inside, and as soon as the door closed, I would loose complete signal and have nothing... Knowing that, I tried it with the new setup, holy crap was I amazed.. I had ZERO signal loss, not even one bar.. So then I turned around the opposite way.. Still notbing.. Then I walked alllll the way to the other end of my house into my bedroom, I shut the door behind me, walked into the very corner of my bedroom (farthest point from inside my house) and stuck the antenna straight at the wall almost touching ... Guess what.. Still have 100% full 5 bars signal with both remote and hd. I couldn't believe the differnce!!

Hook up to your controller with your device and look where you can calibrate your sticks.. see what value they show. Should be "0" of coarse when your not touching them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj