Just curious, P4 in Japan?

Reaction score
Just curious, are there any P3/P4/Inspire drones in Japan? I don't see members here form there.
Looks like they have a different frequency, do they have the same Tx problems? short range?
DJI japan | B&H Photo Video

Capture.PNG

Yes, but they are $$$$ the P4 is almost $2k usd.
The range may be a little less because of the frequency. I dont know the exact reasons for the difference, maybe it has to do with the amount of buidings? , its basically 1gh so should penetrate stuff pretty well. Or whether that is there "open/free" frequencies? But
I flew my American P4 without any trouble alongside a Japanese one, and they performed identically.
They are there though, the language barrier will be the main reason for so few being on here.
Even if they can read/write English, they would rather not incase they make a mistake. They take it very seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: IslandDave
Would be nice to have members from all over the world.

wow I wish I could get the Japanese version. 900Mhz has way better penetration through obstacles and its not stupidly in the wifi range as 2.4&5.8.

That frequency used in Japan my be in use here and FCC would love to see you hugging a frequency without approval...

Lower frequencies have better penetration, longer distance, but the lower efficiency of information transmission.

I've yet to test any kind of extremes with my P4 here in Japan but, was told by the support center here that the specs are different. I'll have to take a look through the specs of mine as it was originally purchased in China. No issues thus far, aside from a RTH crash that is.

Flying out in the countryside of Kanto, I've so far taken mine up to 200m where I got an altitude warning on screen.

wow I wish I could get the Japanese version. 900Mhz has way better penetration through obstacles and its not stupidly in the wifi range as 2.4&5.8.

Yes 922 Mhz is a superior frequency. I am suprised DJI does not offer the 902-828 ISM band which permits 1 watt as long as its Frequency hopping or spread spectrum. 250-500mw in the 33cm band would get you a nice distance.

Yes, I have one that I actually won from an online contest. Unfortunately, in order to get any service on my drone they had to change the circuit board as mine came from China and I couldn't get any warranty service without an address in Shenzen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers