*Just Curious* Do you guys store aircraft with battery in?

Yes - most of the time-
The factory case holds 2 in slots and I have three batteries - so one typically stays in the P4P

:)

Joe

I store with the battery out. I have been meaning to get a dust cover for the battery bay in my P4P but I have not had any issues yet.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Don't ever think about it really. There was just a thread about a Phantom turning itself on though.....

I mainly store with the battery out because that gives me peace of mind knowing I didn't screw up my gimbal by putting the gimbal lock on when the Phantom was powered on.

I mainly store with the battery out because that gives me peace of mind knowing I didn't screw up my gimbal by putting the gimbal lock on when the Phantom was powered on.

The more comfortable and repetitious I get, the more mistakes I make. I like your train of thought.

Reactions: Sinisalo
I don't care to let battery in with P4, differently from P3 where contact springs may loose in a long period.
I hate P4 gimbal lock anyway (I've lot of difficulty to get in or out..), but it's needed.

I personally leave the battery out, I'm nervous the p4p will turn on by itself, or the battery will discharge inside the P4P causing heat. It's probably overkill, but I rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for all the replies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen