Just Couldn't Be Happier With My P2V+

Reaction score
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
I've had it since April. First flight lasted 30 seconds before copter met tree. Had another tree encounter and one collision with my hard case. Total loss, 2 props. This is with about 50-60 flights under my belt.

This weekend my son-in-law and I left the family, loaded up my motorhome and headed for Ocean Shores, WA. It was supposed to be warm and sunny. Instead we found winds 20-25 mph, thick fog and temps in the 50's-60's.

We flew 8 flights. Each time we brought the Phantom home it was just a little bit wetter than the last time. Once I lost it in the fog and then lost FPV. It was about 500 feet away but I had no idea of it's orientation. I fly in Phantom mode by choice. What to do? I turned off the TX and after about 20 seconds heard it overhead. Couldn't see it, but it was up there. Soon it descended, I took over control, all was right with the world.

This thing is dang near bullet proof. I just love it. Many folks, as always, approached with lots of questions, most common of which is "Is that a drone?" "No", I answer, "it's a flying camera." They smile and watch, amazed at the technology, as am I.

Attachments

• 12-Frame Cap2014-08-24-18h24m26s229 (Large).jpg
    12-Frame Cap2014-08-24-18h24m26s229 (Large).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 02-Frame Cap2014-08-24-17h41m37s252 (Large).jpg
    02-Frame Cap2014-08-24-17h41m37s252 (Large).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 435
Great to read a positive thread and yes, they're fantastic machines. I am on my second P2V+ as the first one fell out of the sky. But I've had this one for some months now and love it. Looking forward to the spring/summer here in Australia so I can give those batteries a real hammering.... :D

Welcoming thread :) Yea it's good to get a few flights under your belt and slowly progress through different ways in which you can bring the bird home. Do you hand land? I mostly hand land, but yesterday decided to land it on concrete to test control abilities :)..all good..it was a calm day. Have you thought about switching to Naza mode?

Brettly said:
Welcoming thread :) Yea it's good to get a few flights under your belt and slowly progress through different ways in which you can bring the bird home. Do you hand land? I mostly hand land, but yesterday decided to land it on concrete to test control abilities :)..all good..it was a calm day. Have you thought about switching to Naza mode?

I hand land about 80% of the time. A calm day is important for a ground landing and I just don't like to chance it unless I'm sure. Thought long and hard about Naza mode. So far, I'm happy with Phantom mode. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan