Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

dalebb said:
Take a few youtube courses in soldering, it's fairly easy but there are tips and tricks. Then go to Radio Shack and get the soldering iron kit with the solder removing sucker upper, hemostats, heat sink, soldering iron holder with the sponge, and emery board is good to have too. you are going to need it in the future anyway.

Thanks for the info. But I'm not handy at all. I'll probably visit a local RC hobby shop or send in for repair.

Obtained P2V+ v3 on 12-30-2014 in the Netherlands/Holland. Serial nr. 645461xxx. Unopend but no beeps after start op. Handles perfectly.

HaM-73 said:
houstonpilot said:
I'm not sure whether it's cause for alarm. However, it does mean that "no ESC version is indicated on your ESC", based on what I have gathered from other threads in the forum.

Thanks.
I thought I did read in a post that DJI stated a mark was made on the capacitors of v2 ESC's. Mine does have a blue mark on each capacitor. Who knows if that is accurate though.
Think I will avoid flying over water for a while just to be safe :)

BTW. Thank you !!! for gathering this data. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Didn't help this guy

bluecap.jpg

MacCool said:
HaM-73 said:
houstonpilot said:
I'm not sure whether it's cause for alarm. However, it does mean that "no ESC version is indicated on your ESC", based on what I have gathered from other threads in the forum.

Thanks.
I thought I did read in a post that DJI stated a mark was made on the capacitors of v2 ESC's. Mine does have a blue mark on each capacitor. Who knows if that is accurate though.

Didn't help this guy

Thanks for the info. Now I am beginning to get worried.

Texphantom said:
I'm in westside Houston. This one particular solder point seemed very weak to begin with, and then promptly broke with slight manipulation.

There's an RC shop between Kirkwood and Wilcrest off I-10 on the south side, ...they should be able to help you. I live on the westside as well. Don't trust my soldering abilities or I would offer to help.

MacCool said:
HaM-73 said:
houstonpilot said:

Thanks.

Didn't help this guy

bluecap.jpg
Who did the soldering on this ecs; doesn't look much like factory soldering. And how ended the soldering-drop on top of the picture near the sticker there; did that came this way off stock?

RichWest said:
Texphantom said:
I'm in westside Houston. This one particular solder point seemed very weak to begin with, and then promptly broke with slight manipulation.

There's an RC shop between Kirkwood and Wilcrest off I-10 on the south side, ...they should be able to help you. I live on the westside as well. Don't trust my soldering abilities or I would offer to help.

Great thanks for tip. Will try to call them tomorrow.

houstonpilot said:
Bymg said:
6453977xxx. Phantom 2 vision +. Dec 19th 2014. London Camera Exchange, UK. Has esc V2 to be precice its wm 301 bldc v2 v I believe this is one of the doomed versions :-(

does the underbelly of your phantom indicate v.2 or v.3. Your serial number is way lower than the others on the list, and even lower than a vision+ v2.0, so I just wanted to confirm your phantom version number before recording the ESC version number. After you confirm the version of your drone, as listed by the serial on the underbelly, I'll add this to the list..

Sorry for delay in replying it has on the box and on the belly that its version 3. It was bought from London Camera Exchange who told us they were the largest importers in the UK.... Just posted on the other forum pics... My unit is all but dead now. Wires melted at the ends. Won't be flying it again!

Is there a possibility that maybe they fitted new compass and stuff into old phantoms and that is why there are "newer" models with older serial numbers?

Eltrochaphantom said:
Is there a possibility that maybe they fitted new compass and stuff into old phantoms and that is why there are "newer" models with older serial numbers?
absolutely

Remember, dji = typical shady Chinese company

Anyway do we know why some capacitors are marked blue and some red. As u can see the one in the pic above shows the capacitor in red and it burned. There are a few pics (a lot of them) who show blue and no burns

Any ideas?

Texphantom said:
dalebb said:
Take a few youtube courses in soldering, it's fairly easy but there are tips and tricks. Then go to Radio Shack and get the soldering iron kit with the solder removing sucker upper, hemostats, heat sink, soldering iron holder with the sponge, and emery board is good to have too. you are going to need it in the future anyway.

Thanks for the info. But I'm not handy at all. I'll probably visit a local RC hobby shop or send in for repair.

I'm in Southwest Houston (Meyerland area), and can do some pretty delicate soldering work and have all the necessary soldering equipment. If you know the spot where it got disconnected, it shouldn't be too complicated to fix. Send me a PM...

Eltrochaphantom said:
Anyway do we know why some capacitors are marked blue and some red. As u can see the one in the pic above shows the capacitor in red and it burned. There are a few pics (a lot of them) who show blue and no burns

Any ideas?

Blue burn

bluecap.jpg

houstonpilot said:
Texphantom said:
dalebb said:

I'm in Southwest Houston (Meyerland area), and can do some pretty delicate soldering work and have all the necessary soldering equipment. If you know the spot where it got disconnected, it shouldn't be too complicated to fix. Send me a PM...

Just PM'ed you. Thanks!

houstonpilot said:
Texphantom said:
dalebb said:

Hey! I live in the Galleria area and used to live in the Meyerland area. We should meet up for a coffee sometime and talk quads.

Not sure how blue markings on capacitor can confirm the ESC version = 2.0 = firmaware 4.02.

My phantom 2 vision(bought 1 year ago) has a blue mark on the capacitor. A picture attached found in one of the posts clearly shows an old ESC version (non V3 upgrade) with thick wires - you clearly see the blue markings on the capacitor.

So posts on whether there are blue markings on the capacitors to confirm version is a V.20 ESC can't be correct right?

file.php

This ESC issue reminds me of the smart battery problems that got fixed without any real notification but with a new a battery that can self discharge. In the meantime quite a few got bad batteries with less than 100 cycles and some unlucky ones crashed their Phantoms from it.

MacCool said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

Any ideas?

Blue burn

bluecap.jpg
This is the only picture on the entire forum (posted xx times) showing that. This is guestionable picture though. A picture without a story, showing seemenly non-factory soldering and a suspected soldering-drop nearby the sticker. MacCool can you enlighten us on the whereabouts of this picture you posted at numerous places on this forum without any background information?!

Hi , I have Phantom V+ V3.0 with no ESC label markings unvented wifi box , blue mark on capacitors, S/N PH645416*** bought 29/11/14 from Heliguy in UK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20