• IMG_20150110_141637_356.jpg
    IMG_20150110_141637_356.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 569
dutch said:
ordered Nov 20, 2014 , thru amazon, fulfilled by Kellards
received Nov 28
no 4 beeps after startup tones
only issue is the yaw drift,

Is that that blue mark I see on the capacitor?

dutch said:
ordered Nov 20, 2014 , thru amazon, fulfilled by Kellards
received Nov 28
no 4 beeps after startup tones
only issue is the yaw drift,

do you see any marking on the white label of the ESC?

no markings on the label other than those numbers,, no version number printed there

that could be the blue mark on the capacitor???

On the 3th picture there seems to be a blue pencil line mark on the conductor. It seems dji didn't label the ecs's from the early stock v3 birds. Early in their production they only marked theecs by putting a blue line on top of the capacitor of the ecs.

I have a question:

Opened up my V3 just now, and lifted the wires from the ESC boards and MOSFETs. Despite being real ginger with this, one of the wire broke at the solder point. How and where should I go to have this re-soldered?

Bought from Adorama on 12/28/14

Serial #: 645451---
ESC version 2.0 printed
Vented WIFI box

Thanks guys.

Take a few youtube courses in soldering, it's fairly easy but there are tips and tricks. Then go to Radio Shack and get the soldering iron kit with the solder removing sucker upper, hemostats, heat sink, soldering iron holder with the sponge, and emery board is good to have too. you are going to need it in the future anyway.

Texphantom said:
Opened up my V3 just now, and lifted the wires from the ESC boards and MOSFETs. Despite being real ginger with this, one of the wire broke at the solder point. How and where should I go to have this re-soldered?

Where are you located?

Broken solder picture would be interesting to see...

Nathan Carter said:
mlars said:
It was on the thread, if you bought new v plus please read!!. Did turn on my v3 and it does not have 4 beeps, it has none. Cant look through forum to find 2.1 with wire issue but it was here if someone can find. It took me 5hrs to get through it first time.
I've been reading that thread from beginning. Only mention of supposedly v2.1 wire issues were from the same guy from the thread I mentioned. He thought his slight wire deformations were heat induced, but later another guy showed how the wires from a brand new never used motor look. They looked exactly the same. So the conclusion was that that was not an v2.1 wire melting issue.
As far as I know there have been no documented problems with v2.1 ESCs

K dude, either I'm wrong or there is a big confusion. The phantom 2 v2.0 (new motors, etc) came out with the latest phantom 2 vision + (which is the v3.0)

I don't think it is relevant to think of older phantoms cause they are not having problems so we should focus on phantom 2 vision + and phantom 2 v2.0

Eltrochaphantom said:
K dude, either I'm wrong or there is a big confusion. The phantom 2 v2.0 (new motors, etc) came out with the latest phantom 2 vision + (which is the v3.0)

The Phantom 2 v3.0 is marked as v3.0 on the underbelly after the serial #.

Phantom 2 without integrated camera does not have v3.0. There are only two versions. How come is it written v3,0 when there are only two?

houstonpilot said:
HaM-73 said:
houstonpilot said:
updated chart

dji-esc-log.PNG

My esc has v2 stamped on the esc.

is it stamped on the white label or directly on the board?

esc-v2.1.PNG

Thanks for the clarification. Mine has only numbers to the right of the QR code on the white sticker.
Board has a V2 stamp. I made sure to lift wires off the mosfets.
So, do you think this is cause for alarm?

I'm not sure whether it's cause for alarm. However, it does mean that "no ESC version is indicated on your ESC", based on what I have gathered from other threads in the forum.

houstonpilot said:
I'm not sure whether it's cause for alarm. However, it does mean that "no ESC version is indicated on your ESC", based on what I have gathered from other threads in the forum.

Thanks.
I thought I did read in a post that DJI stated a mark was made on the capacitors of v2 ESC's. Mine does have a blue mark on each capacitor. Who knows if that is accurate though.
Think I will avoid flying over water for a while just to be safe :)

BTW. Thank you !!! for gathering this data. Very helpful and much appreciated.

RichWest said:
Texphantom said:

Where are you located?

Broken solder picture would be interesting to see...

I'm in westside Houston. This one particular solder point seemed very weak to begin with, and then promptly broke with slight manipulation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31