Just collected my Phantom 3 Pro

Just finished a chat with DJI about the manual. They said it will be released soon and to be patient. I told them I had purchased the P3 and was wanting to read the manual before I received it. My Amazon order through DronesEtc states shipping May 15th.

Of course, DJI has to complete their end but you will be able to dl from site or app...

i have the android app running now and there is no manual there either.

As requested by some P3 owners, here is the P3P Quick Start Guide (taken by my iPhone) for your preview while awaiting your shipment:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iJeff/library/P3P Quick Start Guide?sort=9&page=1

Thanks for taking the time to photograph and upload this. Appreciated. I'm not expecting a delivery for a while yet but it was nice to take a read through.

I do have a bit of a noob question for both the P3 and P2 Vision+. I currently own a Phantom Vision+ and have been flying since March. Once landed, I hold the left stick (throttle) straight down until the motors stop.

The P3 manual states that you hold down both sticks on the TX towards the bottom inside corners to stop the motors. Is there not a chance that the input from the right stick would cause the Phantom to pitch and roll, resulting in the unit to tipping over? I say this because I stupidly tried this method when I first landed my Vision+ and the Phantom tipped over into the grass. I take it the duel stick motor cut off is not meant for the Vision+ or I did something very silly.

The P3 manual states that you hold down both sticks on the TX towards the bottom inside corners to stop the motors. Is there not a chance that the input from the right stick would cause the Phantom to pitch and roll, resulting in the unit to tipping over? I say this because I stupidly tried this method when I first landed my Vision+ and the Phantom tipped over into the grass. I take it the duel stick motor cut off is not meant for the Vision+ or I did something very silly.
It's meant for P2V+ too. However, there's no need to do it on the ground since holding the left stick down once it has landed will cut the motors as well (on the P2V+, haven't read the P3 manual yet). Only time I'd ever use CSC for cutting the motors is to save the motors/ESCs on a tip over.

Took some shots of my P3P while waiting for the iOS app...

Papa and son

I received mine a day earlier than expected. I purchased an IPAD Air specifically for the P3 and was surprised that the app is not yet out considering this is the tablet used in most of the demonstrations. Luckily my phone is a HTC M8 android phone and I was able to download the DJI Pilot App. You can see a video of my first flight in 4K at the following link:
. I inadvertently hit a button on the back that switch the gimbal from stabilization to FPV mode and didn't realize it until a few minutes into the flight for which reason the first few minutes are not stable. You'll see that I realize this while facing the church and the video after that is stabilized. I think I hit the C1 button on the back of the controller which threw it into FPV mode. Overall I am very impressed with the P3 Professional and am looking forward for to shooting more video during the weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20