Just bugging me

Reaction score
Does anyone find that they think the green lights on the phantom should be the front and the red lights should be the back?

When I first saw a Phantom I wondered why the red weren't on the left and green on the right. Then I read about the messages that are communicated via the lights. I would think that generally people stand behind their craft when flying while the craft faces forward, so the communication lights are at the back.

Does anyone find that they think the green lights on the phantom should be the front and the red lights should be the back?

When I first saw a Phantom I wondered why the red weren't on the left and green on the right. Then I read about the messages that are communicated via the lights. I would think that generally people stand behind their craft when flying while the craft faces forward, so the communication lights are at the back.

At 50m down range what difference does it make you won't know what those LED's are communicating.

At 50m down range what difference does it make you won't know what those LED's are communicating.

I meant more of take-off. I stand behind mine with it pointed away from me. So the messages are more easily visible with the rear lights flashing for GPS lock.

I meant more of take-off. I stand behind mine with it pointed away from me. So the messages are more easily visible with the rear lights flashing for GPS lock.

But at 50m or more those LED's can change and you'll have idea what is communicating. If you switch X1 to the center and the LED's change the only you'll something has happened is by checking you monitor because of the distance. Now think what it is like for some one without FPV at 50m or more.

I totally agree! Even better, the red light on the left side and green on the right side like any airplane. However, the LEDs in the P2 are integral part of the motor controls (ESC's). Changing or replacing them has been discussed in this forum and is not really an option. I added 4 x 1W power LEDs and positioned at the landing skid, red on left hand side, green on right hand side. Can be seen at daylight over 300m. Requires soldering....

Reactions: Mako79
One other reason is the front lights have the option to turn them off. This is a must if you fly in darkness as the camera picks up a red glow otherwise. That way you can still see the communication lights, even at distance in the dark.

One other reason is the front lights have the option to turn them off. This is a must if you fly in darkness as the camera picks up a red glow otherwise. That way you can still see the communication lights, even at distance in the dark.
You can turn off the front lights of a p2?how?

You can turn off the front lights of a p2?how?
I apologize. That is a P3 feature. :confused: (I have them both)
I use electrical tape on my P2. I have seen some printed covers for sale too.

Reactions: Stathis

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20