Just bought the Phantom 3 Advanced. Should I update the firmware? Or just use it out of the box?

Reaction score
I've heard some mixed opinions on the latest version of firmware, and I was wondering if it is okay to fly the quad out of the box with no firmware updates. The DJI pilot app tells me I need to update the camera and the aircraft itself. I don't really know how to check and see what firmware the quad is currently on. Any input?

Thanks!

You can check in the "About" section of the DJI Pilot app settings when connected to your Phantom. I would wait for the next firmware release if I was you.

You can check in the "About" section of the DJI Pilot app settings when connected to your Phantom. I would wait for the next firmware release if I was you.
Thanks! I have version 1.1.9 Is that safe to use for now (until the next firmware releases)

Yes. That's what I'm flying with too.

Awesome. Thanks again! Really excited to fly. I've been doing a ton of research, and read the manual 3 times in anticipation! :D

RTFMx3. Nice!

Reactions: Marlin009
I do not get it I have P3A with latest firmware updated 1.2.8 with no problems , why some people are facing problems and some not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31