Just bought the parrot disco, will keep my phantom 3 in addition.

I posted the entire flight telemetry not even a post or two ago. Look for the graph. its white. Has speed, height, battery.

Attachments

• IMG_6066 2.PNG
    IMG_6066 2.PNG
    96.6 KB · Views: 352
Parrot has replaced the Disco with a brand new replacement. Dji has my phantom in for shell cracks. I need another (cheaper) hobby for the mean time.

I will buy the next version of the phantom when it comes out. I think the disco and the phantom 3 are going to be my limits. So I have to ship the controller back to DJI for the shell replacement? I don't understand why.

Well second Parrot did the same thing. My original parrot disco was sent to Paris for analysis. The second one made it to San Francisco and they sent me a replacement, BN drone. I have promptly put this one on Ebay for $1,100 and will purchase a mavic come spring time. I guess I learned my lesson and as much as we tend to ***** about DJI at times. The stuff just works. Anybody want to purchase the disco send me a message.

Isn't it made out of Styrofoam? I realize most planes are made out of Styrofoam and its just me and I might get some heat for this but I can't see myself spending 1000+ for a plane made out of Styrofoam. The disco has some good features though.

The thing that would irk me is paying $1000 for half-baked electronics and crappy customer service, not what the plane's made of. They're all made of out stryofoam these days.

Yep its foam. The plane is an absolute blast to fly when you are not worried about it crashing. I miss flying it but looking at a brand new one in the box w/factory seal makes me want to keep it. But I know in order to sell it for around what I paid (it is on ebay for $1,100) I need to never open the box. I hope with later revisions I can try a disco again but for now I am going to sell it and wait. Some people have never had the issues I had and I get it. I am just going to stick with DJI for large investments in drones for now on.

Yep its foam. The plane is an absolute blast to fly when you are not worried about it crashing. I miss flying it but looking at a brand new one in the box w/factory seal makes me want to keep it. But I know in order to sell it for around what I paid (it is on ebay for $1,100) I need to never open the box. I hope with later revisions I can try a disco again but for now I am going to sell it and wait. Some people have never had the issues I had and I get it. I am just going to stick with DJI for large investments in drones for now on.
Have you looked at any of the other airplane FPV platforms out there? I have flown R/C most of my life but never in FPV. I was hoping that the Disco, even at its rather exalted price, would be a good entry point. Now that it appears not, it's left me with the idea of investigating some of the other FPV airplanes out there. With the negative evolution of the Disco, I wonder if there might not be a similar but more-reliable platform available.

Last edited:
The fpv in the disco is not really that great. The novelty wore off after I used it twice. I am going to strongly look into an R/C plane this winter and hit the spring with something fast. The best part about that disco was fast banking climbs. I did not even care about the video footage or the fpv, I just loved flying it. I am going to try and find a jet of some type possibly just with an onboard camera but not with all the features of the disco nor the price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik