Just bought the parrot disco, will keep my phantom 3 in addition.

Other info prior to becoming and earth bound speeding bullet. IMG_6059.JPG IMG_6066.PNG

It may be a specific flight mode but the demo video demonstrated that you control altitude with right stick and the flight controller handles the throttle to match your desired altitude desires (power up to climb etc).

You can sit this thing into a slow flight where you cant even hear it. Its silent. Just goes about its business at what ever altitude you want and keeps a straight line and quietly can video everything underneath it. The camera has the ability to face straight down and if you do not know the bird is overhead, you wont. Its almost silent at about 10mph.

If you throttle down can the plane be stalled, or does the software prevent this.

I cant be stalled. The software is quite intelligent and will actually correct bad moves thrown at it if deemed dangerous to the ability to stay airborne. I am very impressed with the technology this thing has inside. Its pretty serious stuff. Minus this crash that pretty much destroyed it, its been flawless. I mean flawless.... I still would beg DBS to make a controller mod for this thing. BEG THEM!

Hmmmm...I couple your experience with my own relative to the several flyaways I had with my original Parrot AR Drone, and I guess I'd be concerned about getting one. Maybe the best I can hope for is that this will stimulate some other company (DJI?) will come out with an FPV airplane. Parrot's market position seems to be bringing out devices that just are almost ready for the consumer market.

I had an AR drone without flyaway issues. This was more of a dive then a fly away. Parrot has been pretty good about this stuff in the past. I am going to find out exactly how good they are now as this is much more expensive then an AR

I had an AR drone without flyaway issues. This was more of a dive then a fly away. Parrot has been pretty good about this stuff in the past. I am going to find out exactly how good they are now as this is much more expensive then an AR
I have my fingers crossed for you. I do hope that Parrot can prove the commercial viability of ready-to-fly FPV airplanes.

This will be an early test to how accountable they want to be. The drone went down in an area that it had flown over before it crashed. Its not interference the controller literally shut down in mid flight.

I think it will be bad for them to get bad press so early in the launch. I am pretty sure they will do the right thing.

I cant be stalled. The software is quite intelligent and will actually correct bad moves thrown at it if deemed dangerous to the ability to stay airborne. I am very impressed with the technology this thing has inside. Its pretty serious stuff. Minus this crash that pretty much destroyed it, its been flawless. I mean flawless.... I still would beg DBS to make a controller mod for this thing. BEG THEM!
told you before he has been done already dbs mod on it doesn't help something in software wont let it break the geo fence

told you before he has been done already dbs mod on it doesn't help something in software wont let it break the geo fence

They removed Geo Fencing.... The last firmware update makes it optional. Its gone.

Stalling is a function of airspeed and attitude and not power.......all aircraft can and will stall is the airflow over the wing becomes too little to support lift.

Stalling is a function of airspeed and attitude and not power.......all aircraft can and will stall is the airflow over the wing becomes too little to support lift.
The software will increase thrust (where by trying to increase speed) and lower angle of attack if the aircraft gets too slow.

Yes it "can"stall physically but the Flight Controller over rides operator input to prevent stalls.

Reactions: Philltayl
The software will increase thrust (where by trying to increase speed) and lower angle of attack if the aircraft gets too slow.

Yes it "can"stall physically but the Flight Controller over rides operator input to prevent stalls.
And what happens when the aircraft is going downwind???????? Airflow over the wing drops to below that which is required to maintain lift............in a bad case may induce a spin.............flight controller not withstanding.........airflow always wins............

And what happens when the aircraft is going downwind???????? Airflow over the wing drops to below that which is required to maintain lift............in a bad case may induce a spin.............flight controller not withstanding.........airflow always wins............

Ok ok.. you win LOL!

Ya better rethink that one.

:)

And that , gentlemen/ladies is why we teach student pilots stalls and the result there off..............many many times over........
And what happens when the aircraft is going downwind???????? Airflow over the wing drops to below that which is required to maintain lift.

:)
Is this what you teach?

sadly no, but I am a licensed pilot. I am a retired IT consultant by profession
You do know, I hope, your downwind statement was incorrect. Wings on a plane don't know upwind, downwind. They respond to the relative air they are flying through which can be at any attitude. .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj