Just bought the original phantom

Reaction score
I bought the phantom 1 for training I'm jumping up from an AR drone and i think going straight to a very expensive Phantom 2 would be expensive if it were for some trainmen mishaps. The battery life doesn't really bother me as with the money i saved on the early version i bought 3 extra batteries.

I have been reading so much information over the past few weeks and i think i have a little information overload, but i cant seem to find this info.

I have updated the firmware successfully using my computer and made IMU calibration successfully. My question is a actually with the controller (white box with sticks) How do i update the firmware of the controller ? i can't find a usb port anywhere to plug it in and also i can't find a version of the RC assistant software anywhere to update it if it did have a port. I can just about understand how to calibrate it manually so i will do that.

The weather forecast is good today warmer than -10 and no wind so i would like to fly today if possible, I'm just charging my extra batteries while I'm writing out a checklist to stick to my controller. I would just like to find a definite answer to my question before i go and have mishap.

Kind regards

Richard

The port is inside the transmitter. I have 2 P1s. Just got one yesterday and flew it today after setting it up in assistant. I have never connected either tx to to the computer. not sure what that would be for.

Scampaboy, there are no updates for the controller but you can calibrate it and switch mode 1 and 2 by using the RC Assistant Software . This is different and separate from the Naza Assistant Software. The FC40 and P1 use the same RC Assistant. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/download
Some controllers come with the USB port on the outside and some on the inside.

Attachments

• 100_2494.jpg
    100_2494.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 477
  • Screenshot 2015-01-14 22.23.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-01-14 22.23.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 403
Unless you're having issues with the transmitter, don't mess with it.

There are no insanely innovative firmware updates for our controllers. They're rock solid. If it works, leave it alone. Check the calibration every now and then, and just leave it be.

Hi guys,

My first flight was a success i think, i didn't break anything but i did have one spill on landing but the snow made it a little softer.

I've uploaded to youtube so you can see. This video wasn't my first take off as on the first i didn't want to attach the camera. First flights i made some circuits and tested the home lock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxCO9m4KtWs

Although i want to check something. It seemed like when i got to a certain height it would go no further and it was fighting to go higher, I had set a max height of 600 m in the assistant program and i don't think i went any where near 600 m, it just seemed to stop dead at a certain altitude.

Also when i approached the horizontal limit which was 200m the green led on the back flashed red for a second then flashed back to green, was this loss of GPS lock ? I kept it within visual range all the time because i was a little worried about this issue. and i wanted to be able to bring it back if it lost lock. If this was the loss of GPS i would like to know for the future as i can keep it close enough to control and practice flying ATTi. Although even after this the HL worked perfectly.

The temp was about -4 and there was a lot of snow blowing around especially at high altitude. I made one 6 min flight and one 8 min flight i didn't want to over do the battery and have to walk out onto the ice to retrieve the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20