Just bought Nuxus 7 II (2013) for use with P3P Any advice?

Reaction score
Just bought new Nuxus 7 II (2013) for use with P3P (from Groupon).
Any advice?
Should I upgrade ROM if there is software update available? Does the new update cause problems?
Or will the tablet already come loaded with the newest operating system? if so, is there way to wipe it and revert back to original Operating system? (I heard about problems from newest ROM updates?)

I tried signing up for HTC account on my HTC one M7 and it will NOT let me even sign up for an account?
So I tried a ROM update (may have been mistake?) And still would not let me.

Then I tried Nexus 7 (1st gen) and it says "not compatible" I heard there is a workaround, but sounds complicated and maybe not reliable, so that is why I purchased Nexus 7 II (2013)
Also tried Samsung galaxy 3 and could not sign up for DJI Go app (Although I did not think this phone would work)

Any advice on the Nexus 7 II 2013 would be appreciated.

I use a 32GB Nexus 7 (2013). It has the latest Android version installed & works great. I Wi-Fi tether it to my cell during flight so my maps & internet are live.

I also have a 16 GB Nexus 7 (2012) but it is pretty much useless unless I downgrade back to Android 4.4. Never tested with DJI Go but with Android. NEVER install Android 5.x on the original Nexus 7. This was a sweet tablet but it is absolutely a PIG & TOTALLY UNUSABLE with Android 5.x. It takes 10 minutes just to boot! :mad:

Just bought new Nuxus 7 II (2013) for use with P3P (from Groupon).
Any advice?
Should I upgrade ROM if there is software update available? Does the new update cause problems?
Or will the tablet already come loaded with the newest operating system? if so, is there way to wipe it and revert back to original Operating system? (I heard about problems from newest ROM updates?)

I tried signing up for HTC account on my HTC one M7 and it will NOT let me even sign up for an account?
So I tried a ROM update (may have been mistake?) And still would not let me.

Then I tried Nexus 7 (1st gen) and it says "not compatible" I heard there is a workaround, but sounds complicated and maybe not reliable, so that is why I purchased Nexus 7 II (2013)
Also tried Samsung galaxy 3 and could not sign up for DJI Go app (Although I did not think this phone would work)

Any advice on the Nexus 7 II 2013 would be appreciated.

NEVER install Android 5.x on the original Nexus 7. This was a sweet tablet but it is absolutely a PIG & TOTALLY UNUSABLE with Android 5.x. It takes 10 minutes just to boot! :mad:

I have Nexus 7 2012, and couldn't agree more. I did the v5 (lollipop) update when it was first available and it ruined my tablet same way as yours. It was essentially unusable. I downgraded to 4.4 and it was fine again (fast and responsive).

However, I will say I recently did a wipe/reload of Android 5.1.1 to my Nexus 7 2012 and it seems to be a little better than before. I guess they worked out some of the bugs, or maybe doing the wipe first helped.

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers