Just bought my first drone / Introduce myself!

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post! I saw the cnet article a couple days ago about the phantom 3 standard for $399 so I picked it up, should be here soon! This will be the first one I've owned, but for the price it was hard to pass up! I've been doing a lot of reading and research, but please give me any useful advice or links. Looking forward to being on the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello, and welcome :)

Firstly Go slow and learn the basics in a big open space. Watch out for trees as they don't like phantoms!!

Happy flying!!

Reactions: Nickster
also remember to check your settings each time before you fly. When the app updates all your settings are erased, obviously the most important setting to check is your return to home altitude as the default is I think 30 meters. Fly high, lots of people make the mistake of flying low but it is safer to fly higher than any obstacles around you. Once you get used to the controls, practice flying in Atti mode (at a safe altitude) just in case you ever lose GPS.

1st thing to do is...have fun.

Welcome. This forum is a great one to bounce ideas and get help. When I got my P3S, I watched the heck out of help videos on YouTube to get very familiar with different things, my favorite and I think the best is Tom'sTechTime. He is awesome and makes it easy to understand.

Reactions: knipfer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31