Just bought an Advanced. What firmware

Reaction score
Good day all. Waiting delivery of a new P3Advanced. I know it has the new motors and such but was wondering what firmware it might come with. It seems that the 1.3 firmware is the most liked. Which one should I stay away from. I heard the newest is a little janky

My heath drone screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-18-17-35-53.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-18-17-35-53.png
    579.1 KB · Views: 413
My Advice is install the App to your device but DO NOT UPDATE before your first flights. Note what firmware is on your Advanced from the factory. Run an IMU calibration & RC calibration from the Go app. Make sure you are all read up & familiar with the aircraft & app controls & have your app set up properly. Perform a compass calibration at your fly site when you are ready to make your first flight.

Pay close attention to how she performs during those initial flights so you have a basis for comparison should you chose to update later. Not sure what FW will be on your bird from the factory? If it is 1.3 or 1.4 you are good. If it comes with 1.5 you will want to get off of that version immediately. Were it me I would back up to 1.4. Only go to 1.6 if you are ready to accept the GEO annoyance & reduced performance to overcome battery issues of 1.5.

I'm not using my P3A drone for racing or acrobats and I think it performs just fine. Top speed 36mph. It doesn't shoot to the sky like a rocket, but it does climb and desent is slower.

Thanks for the replys. I have an Inspire 1 and there latest firmware jacked with the battery settings in the cold just wanted to make sure it's not on the phantom also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj