Just bought a Vision+ for filming super cars - help needed

Reaction score
I work with super cars for a living and want to film some of them for private footage etc and so I decided to buy the Phantom Vision Plus which looked like the best buy on the market for what I wanted.

When I got it it took a bit of getting used too and I've only managed a few flights so far, practicing in the garden etc but when I first had it, it tried to fly in the same area which was nice and safe and now it pitches front to back, side to side.

I have tried the carbon rotors which don't seem too good so will be changing back to the plastic OEM ones.

Also, I lose signal at around 600-1000ft
I don't think I need to fly further but is there an option to do this whilst still being safe and easy to fly ?

Any help received with thanks.

Re: Just bought a Vision+ for filming super cars - help need

make sure your transmitter is in FCC mode. IF you power on your transmitter and you dont hear two beeps, you are not in FCC mode. Search this forum to find out how to go to FCC mode. Also, most here ONLY use the DJI props. They are consistently balanced and of proper design. There is no need for aftermarket props. Often times, thats the problem with balance. Also, are you running prop guards? If so, you may wish to remove them. If you do, put back in the SHORT screws that came with the Phantom.

and for max distance keep the antenna of the transmitter perpendicular to the phantom. the sides of the long antenna should always face the phantom. THe top of the range extender should always face it. And remember that the signal of neither can make it through objects. Always have a clear line of sight from transmitter to phantom

phantomguy said:
make sure your transmitter is in FCC mode. IF you power on your transmitter and you dont hear two beeps, you are not in FCC mode. Search this forum to find out how to go to FCC mode. Also, most here ONLY use the DJI props. They are consistently balanced and of proper design. There is no need for aftermarket props. Often times, thats the problem with balance. Also, are you running prop guards? If so, you may wish to remove them. If you do, put back in the SHORT screws that came with the Phantom.

Two beeps at power-up is an unreliable indicator of FCC mode. You need to connect to the controller (USB cable to bottom of controller) and use the controller assistant software to check the status (CE/FCC).

wharfbanger said:
phantomguy said:

Two beeps at power-up is an unreliable indicator of FCC mode. You need to connect to the controller (USB cable to bottom of controller) and use the controller assistant software to check the status (CE/FCC).

That is not true. The manual/documentation even states that the two beeps DOES confirm FCC mode, and THAT overrides whatever is shown in the software. Even if the software assistance shows CE mode, if the transmitter beeps twice you ARE in FCC mode.

So why not do both to be safe ? Its not like dji was ever wrong before. I checked FCC mode in assistance anyway

phantomguy said:
wharfbanger said:
phantomguy said:

That is not true. The manual/documentation even states that the two beeps DOES confirm FCC mode, and THAT overrides whatever is shown in the software. Even if the software assistance shows CE mode, if the transmitter beeps twice you ARE in FCC mode.

Maybe, but it did seem that I got some extra range (max altitude 200m before, 300m afterwards)after I changed the setting using the software assistance. Different locations so I'm not sure about this test..I'll try again at the same place if I remember :cool:.

We tried carbon fiber blades and they were just horrible. Until Graupner or T-Motor comes out with something, the stock props are quite good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4