Just bought a V2+ for $700 off amazon.

Reaction score
Hey! I just bought a V2+ off amazon for $700 from this new seller. I emailed him and he said it was brand new and the price is $700 due to a promotion. I will keep you guys updated!

Update: I did not pay this dude in Poland money. But instead will get myself a drone from DJI directly!

Black Friday sale: http://dji.com/?r=nUbiOB

Yep!

New seller??? Be careful, people are spoofing Amazon to get discounts from other retailers...just happened with the XBOX....someone posted a $99 Amazon price and Walmart matched it until the scam was uncovered...

Yes from a us seller. I send emails to 2 different sellers with the almost the same price. The reply email was similar to each other. Red flag? This was the first email:

Hello,
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal is in new condition ( it just had to be listed as "Refurbished" ), comes with all manufacturer supplied accessories, US model,comes with 2 Years US warranty. It has not been used. The price is $700.00 - free US delivery. If you are wondering why the price is lower than the usual,it is because we have some promotional prices of Black Friday.The shipping will take 1 - 3 days .My return policy is full money back in 30 days.If you really want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order.
If you have any questions regarding the product,returning or any questions feel free to ask us.
Waiting for your email!

For more information don't hesitate to contact me!

Many Thanks,
Richard Nostrs

Second email

Hello,
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal is in new condition ( it just had to be listed as "Refurbished" ), comes with all manufacturer supplied accessories, US model,comes with 2 Years US warranty. It has not been used. The price is $700.00 - free US delivery. If you are wondering why the price is lower than the usual,it is because we have some promotional prices of Black Friday.The shipping will take 1 - 3 days .My return policy is full money back in 30 days.If you really want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order.
If you have any questions regarding the product,returning or any questions feel free to ask us.
Waiting for your email!

I will order one and if it comes in with no issues, I will order another one. I gave both my address and name.

Will update

How did you submit payment to them?

No I have not submitted the payment yet. This is more than sketchy. But do you think that if I pay for it and he/she doesn't send it out or sends me something different, I can get a refund by calling amazon? Thanks!

None of it sounds right. An item priced way less than it should, wants your information outside of Amazon, and 2 different people with same emails?

I would just walk away. Amazon helps you the most when you purchase an item directly from them. Otherwise for 3rd party sellers, they are only a middle man and all refunds/issues are handled by that 3rd party seller. Amazon will only forward emails along the line.

I would search forums for deals and use PayPal good/services to pay. Paypal can then aid in backing you up. Or even better, Black friday is coming up quick. Check out the deals from legit certified dealers. It may be more $$ at times, but the risks are so much lower.

neilnasdaq1 said:
But do you think that if I pay for it and he/she doesn't send it out or sends me something different, I can get a refund by calling amazon?
Nope. Amazon does not have control of what happens outside of Amazon. You will get scammed and lose $700. Buy from an authorized DJI dealer.

I payed $425 off ebay for mine with everything. They didnt put pictures up showing all the components and I of course got a used unit with a broken ribbon cable.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 416
One of those, "DON'T DO IT!!!!" situations. I can't enough pronounce that name...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj